We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dorsett Regency Hotel

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
215 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Dorsett Regency Hotel

We had 3 nights in the Dorsett Regency Hotel and were very happy with everything about the hotel. The staff were happy and obliging, especially the guys at the entry and the concierge. The room was large and very cleanand had 2 large beds which were very comfortable. Breakfast was good catering for both Asian and Western tastes. Fresh egg dishes cooked to order etc.

The location is ideal as we walked to Times Square and other large shopping centres.

If you need a taxi ask the doorman for one not connected to the hotel as they are cheaper. There are usually taxis in the street so you never have a problem. We got a taxi ticket at the airport and booked the driver to pick us up on our return. Incidentally it appears the return journey to the airport is usually higher!!!

We would definitely go back to this hotel as it is perfect for everything

Seafarer

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

You mentioned that you had 2 large beds. Do you mean queen size beds?

If so what room type did you have and how much did you pay per night, who did you book through?

We are travelling with 2 kids, so this may be ideal for a family room.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

LuLu,

Seafarer will be able to help you more - but my understanding is that the Dorsett has twin doubles - not twin Queens (like the Park Royal). I guess it depends on how big you are and how much the kids squirm around.

Caroline.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,984 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

How much did you pay for the return journey to the airport?

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
215 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

The room we had was 2010...cannot remember what it was ...deluxe or what!!! It had 2 Queen Beds...you could certainly have 4 people sharing the room...if they allow children to share. There was bottled water daily foc and tea/coffee making etc.

From the airport it cost 61.60rm ...the return journey was 80rm. We used the ticket booth as you come out of arrivals.

Seafarer

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
215 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

I forgot to say the cost. I got it on their website...it was a promotion at the time. 216.20MYR per night which included breakfast and a free non alchoholic drink. Also the offer of the buffet lunch or dinner at 50% discount. Everything was well worth what we paid

Seafarer

Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

Thanks Seafarer you have made me feel positive about our choice. We booked a Deluxe King, for 2 adults and a child. It was a brilliant special, room only though, 145MYR. I don't think I realised when I booked it what a good location it seems to be.

Can't wait!!

6 weeks to go.............

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

RM145 is a good buy!

I stayed there last Tuesday (2/June) one night RM218++ (Total paid RM250.7) without breakfast. The room that I stayed was Deluxe Double which has 2 queen bed and nice for family of two adults + 2 kids. The Deluxe King will come with one King size bed. I booked thru their website.

The location is good and all within walking distance to Bukit Bintang shopping malls.

As for the breakfast we went for nearby restaurant for RM1.5/pc Roti canai.

brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

thanks seafarer, we fly in on the 5th july, good to see something positive about the hotel

Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

I booked through their website too. I made sure they had something for our son, it might be a sofa bed, can't recall.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
215 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dorsett Regency Hotel

The location of the hotel is super. I don't know how old your child is but a great place for children is the Sunway Lagoon....an incredible water park with about 5 different areas, so caters for all ages. Also there is a huge shopping mall next to it which you need at leats 4 or 5 hours if you are a keen shopper. We got a taxi outside the hotel and he dropped us off (about 30 mins drive) and picked us up 4 hours later. It cost 80myr for the return. The taxi will come at whatever time you want and we could have easily spent more time in the mall. We did not go into the lagoon as we are not into swimming etc and water but our family loved it.

Seafarer