We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

I am visiting Kuala Lumpur next month and will have limited time, which tall building would be the better to see !! Menara or the Petronas Twin Towers. I know this comes down to personal choice but any feedback would be appreciated.

I have also been told that the entrance fee into Menara is 20Rm for adults and Petronas is free.Could anyone advise if this is correct.

Thank You

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

Hi DominqueBangkok

Petronas entrance is free but you need to que up early in the morning for the limited free ticket.

1 st come 1st serve,late comer "Sorry"

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

Which tall building would be the best to see?

Undoubtedly Petronas- one of the most stunning buildings in the world. So, obviously, don't go up it as you won't get much of a view of it! Best view of Petronas is from the ground, maybe 1 km away- just go for a walk and you will find your ideal spot. The Menara Tower is worth a visit but the view of Petronas is, sadly, side-on so you have 1 tower behind the other which doesnt capture it as its best. A good spot for a photo all the same.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
490 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

I went to Menara at night time.

It was not very exciting to tell the truth.

The zoo at the bottom was cool for me because there were lots of animals I had never seen before.

I also went to the bottom of Petronas, again at night.

I have never seen a more beautiful building.

I would hat eto be paying the electricity bill for those lights!!

The shopping centre was just another shopping centre.

Across the road from the petronas is a long fountain - the view from there was perfect.

Brett

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

Thank you for the feedback, mabye a hotel with a good view of Petronas would be a good idea.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

hiya dominique how you duin? in my opinion i found the menara tower better for views anda lot more exiting than the petronas towers, i found them a bit boreing and we wer only aloud 15 minits up the tower and then you are brought back down and thats it all over where as the menanra tower you can go to the zoo at the base and the shops and then when you get to go up yo get a walkman with all the info on about what you are looking at and you can also have your foto took wearing traitional dress, and you can have something to eat as wellup there and you can stay as long as you want up the tower, give me menara tower everytime, but saying that the petronas towers are impressive to look at maggieomx

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,705 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

HI

I have to agree that the Petronas Towers are stunning. Everytime I see them I think how beautiful they are, especially at night.

But the trip there is a let down. Yes it is free, but you are very limited in what you see and how long you stay. You have to queue up, the queues star at 8am, and the 1000 tickets issued on a first come first servced basis. The tour is not to the top but to the the skybridge (41/42nd floor). You can only stay as long as they let your tour stay, which is normally 10-20mins and the views are limited. There are many hotels that have better views. Most visitors say that it is just a tick in a box to say you have done it.

So, the best tower to visit has to be KL Menara. You can go up there when you want and stay as long as you like. The views are stunning!! Ok, it costs, but it is not that expensive and is worth every penny. Plus, as Maggie says, there is a lot to do around the base of KL Menara.

Stay in a Park View room at Traders, and have fabulour views, or go for a drink in the Traders Skybar.

KL Menara gets my vote every time!!

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

Thanks for all of the feedback, it looks like Menara has won me over. I will check out the Trader Hotel for prices on-line.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
427 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

If you want views of KL the Menara Tower wins hands down and the 20RMB is nothing when you consider what you will probably spend on your trip. As others have said the best of the Petronas Towers is standing on the ground looking up, the views are restricted to back and front, you are only about a third of the way up and you have to queue for ages to get a ticket which has a set time for you to go up. In our case we had to come back 5 hours later.

Another advantage of the Menara is you can walk down through the tropical gardens that surround it.

9. Re: Menara Tower or Petronas Twin Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2010, 06:16