We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

For around the same price I could stay at the orchid club rooms at the park royal or deluxe room at the traders hotel. Any ideas which would be best.

Sanaa, Yemen
Level Contributor
372 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

Location wise Parkroyal is in a better place in Bukit Bintang next to a lot of malls and places to eat.

I havent stayed at Traders but stayed 3 weeks ago in Parkroyal in a deluxe room and its a really nice hotel.

Orchid club guests have a special lounge, special elavator and place for breakfast.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,081 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

HI

'Best' is a personal thing.

Best for price

Best for shopping

Best for a view of the Petronas Towers

Best for . . . ?

Both are 4* hotels, not 5*.

of the 2 I would also opt for Park Royal.

Based on the position within Jalan Imib / Bukit Bintang and what is around that area [shops, malls food], and the pool area. Plus the perks of a club room.

If you want to be near the Petronas Towers, then pick Traders. Their park view rooms have the best view of the towers in KL, but the pool is in the middle of the skybar, and gets no sun and is not inviting to swim in! It is 10mins walk to Petronas Towers / Suria KLCC or 5mins on their golf buggy, it is also 10-15mins walk to Bukit Bintang. Traders is great if you just want to shop and sight see.

What ever you condersider the best, enjoy!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

Its debatable whether the Traders is 4 or 5 star. But strictly speaking most so-called 5 star hotels in town are actually 4 stars even the likes of Westin, JW Marriott, Grand Mellenium, Le Meridien, Istana etc etc

Coming to the OP's question, whether or not she should go for a club room would depend very much on how much she value the added perks for club rooms (breakfast,drinks, internet etc). Otherwise I feel the Traders is a much nicer hotel.

4. Re: Basic 5 star or Club 4 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 05:18