We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it would be better to book an appointment, or just turn up and hope you can experience a Fish Spa there and then at the Foot Master in Berjaya Times Square, KL? I'll be visiting the Bukit Bintang area from 7:00 pm on a Tuesday in a month's time, and would like to try this Dr Fish treatment. :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Hi Claire

There are foot spas all over the place. No need for an appointment. Some places look better than others - may want to quietly check out a few before you commit to any particular one. I would have liked to have done it but couldn't bring myself to do it. I enjoyed watching (and listening to the squealing) other people as they lowered their legs into the tanks. Have fun, Kaz.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
413 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Hi there,

How much would you expect to pay to have a Fish Spa?

Cheers,

Tavia

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

I can't remember exactly, and I only came back two days ago! But I know it was cheap. There was a wide variety of prices as well as quality of spas offering it. I am thinking something like A$20-A$25 would get you a top notch place and I think approx. A$8 would be the bottom end.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Hi Claire

I just turned up at the Spa place and we were settled in very quickly after confirming the price - 30mins for RM28. the place looked clean and hygienic but would suggest u time it so that the fish are hungry otherwise if they had a good feed on other peoples' feet then they will not come to yr feet and u will not really enjoy the sensations. so go for it and if u r sold any extra creams negotiate the price or ask that u dont pay for the spa in return. otherwise have fun. hope this helps u to enjoy yr holiday. If u plan to have any reflexology then discuss what type and how much pressure they will apply - is it shiatsu type pressure or acupressure or pure physical pressure - all have different outcomes.

have fun ....

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Another option is the Kenko Fish Spa in the Pavilion Shopping Centre. It is on level 5 and fairly upmarket. I think it was just over 30MYR for 30 mins - maybe between 10 - 15A$.

This fish spa has featured on Getaway and The Great Outdoors.

Doesn't mean it is any better - but just another option.

Caroline.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

Thank you everyone for your interest and replies. :)

I did have just enough time in KL to experience the fish foot spa at Footmaster in BTS shoping complex, and I reccomend it! It was a tickling at times, and relaxing experience. The staff are lovely and the fish had a feast on my feet (particularly my rough heals as I prefer to walk barefoot when I can and when it's not cold). My feet and soles were better for it too! Cheers!

7. Re: Do you need to book an appointment for Foot Master Fish Spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 04:16