We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

We are flying GC to KL on the 29th Oct.and then on to Bali, have just checked latest Air Asia flight times and found the flight at 1900 from KL - Bali is cancelled. The latest flight is 1700 which is impossible to catch as the GC flight if it is on time gets in at 1525, and check in closes at 1600 this means we have 35 min. to collect luggage, clear customs etc. Not a hope. Air Asia has put us on the 1700 flight without letting us know. I would like to know if we stay in KL overnight will AA charge us for next day flight. How many others are caught out.

Hervey

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

My understanding (after reading about a number of others in the same boat) is that if you don't like the time they bump you to, just call them and they will change it. You don't have to accept the new time. You can ring and say it is not convenient and ask for the next available flight. I've heard of a number of others doing this - no extra cost.

You can stay at the TUNE hotel at the LCCT very cheaply. Our flights don't connect to Chaing Mai from the Gold Coast, so we are over nighting at TUNE and leaving the next morning.

Caroline.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,318 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

Is this common practice with Air Asia?

We are going to Clark Phillipines and Saigon Vietnam next month via KL with Air Asia. I know both these destinations have a morning and afternoon flight. If one is not full do they cancell one of the flights then just have 1 full or fuller flight leaving.

Luckily we dont have flights until the next day. Are staying at Tune and looking around KL instead.

Tommo

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

Hi Hervey

You can call Air Asia and ask to be put on another flight at no additional cost since the change of flight is due to their flight cancellation.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

This happened to us.

We got a SMS message to say our Langkawi-KL flight had been cancelled and we were moved to a 1.40pm flight which we could not do because our KL - Melb flight was at the same time.

A call to air asia and they were very helpful but we had to come back on a night flight the nite before and stay at Tune hotel instead of another nite in Langkawi.

You can only change the flight they have cancelled.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

We only found out our flight had been changed after I supersized our luggage from 15 - 20 kg and we noticed a different flight number.

We had been put on an earlier flight that doesn't allow us time enough time to connect to our domestic flight from LCCT to Penang. We had 1 hour 25 mins to pick up luggage, clear customs and immigration then check in at domestic.

We had NOT been notified despite AA having all our details. Had we not noticed we would have missed the flight and as a point to point airline we would have had to pay again.

We have been placed on a later flight but now we have a 6 1/2 hours wait at LCCT.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
862 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

Hi Hervey - we had our flight changed on a day from 3.30pm to 8.30pm.

Air Asia moved our flight to the next day at a more convenient time at no cost. It was pretty easy.

Though I did hear from them that they won't make the change to 3 months before the flight

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

Contacted AA (the airline not the other AA) and have been changed to next days morning flight, no charge.

What annoys me is having to pay for one night in KL, and hoping to get a refund for the night in Bali. hope the rest of the trip goes better as we have 5 flights with AA to 4 Countries.

Hervey

8. Re: KL-Bali flight cancelled Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 05:19