We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL to Hua Hin

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
448 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
KL to Hua Hin

Hi, someone called robertn posted that he was going from KL to Hua Hin. I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to do this? Plane, train, private car? How long travelling time, cost and where to book would be great info to receive. Thanks, Carla

Is it worth the travel or can someone reccommend somewhere closer?

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: KL to Hua Hin

"Is it worth the travel or can someone reccommend somewhere closer?"

I've no idea of how to travel from KL to Hua Hin except flying from KL to Bangkok, even then you still have about a 3 hour drive to Hua Hin.

Driving I can only hazard a guess that it must be around 1500km (about 1200 miles?).

I seem to recall a friend took a train from Singapore to BKK and that took around 2 whole days, so even if you subtract the 7 or so hours from Singapore to KL your still looking at 36+ hours for the train to BKK then a few hours drive to HH.

Alternatives (much!) closer to KL are Penang or Langkawi. A bustrip of about 5 hours and costs next to nothing (add about a 2 hour boat journey to that for Langkawi). Cheap flights are also available from Air Asia.

Hope this vague reply helps somewhat.

Have a nice trip!

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: KL to Hua Hin

Carls,

I just found this website for you listing the trains.

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Hua Hin to KL seems a bugger of a journey (in my humble opinion)

depart Hua Hin 18.34pm

arrive Butterworth 13.30pm (the next day)

hang around Butterworth all day

depart Butterworth 21.30pm

arrive KL 6.35am (the next day)

IMO... fly or go to Penang!