We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Esp for those of you who have been wanting to stay at the Hilton Sentral but VERY VERY concerned about the "bad" location - here is a possible solution.

Double Tree by Hilton KLCC will be opening next month and will be accepting reservations from 1 july 2010 on their website.

Hotel is 500m away from the twin towers, but i think only the corner rooms have partial view. Locals wondering where the hotel is - its right between Jalan Ampang and tun razak where the clock tower and thermometer is, opposite ampang park mall and hotel nikko.

Its currently only a HHonors category 2, but the rooms look quite similar to the KL Hilton Sentral, only much smaller at 32sqm. Same open bathroom concept, flat screen tv etc.

Their website:

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

Whoever staying there, do drop us a note on how your stay went!

Happy travels!

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,890 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Its the former Crown Princess Hotel.

Location is actually next to the demolished Yow Chuan Plaza which is currently being reconstructed as a new shopping mall to be called the Intermark Mall. Apparently we don't have enough shopping malls yet in KL .....

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Always thought KL needed another mall or two . . . . .!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Cool, another dining venue for Hilton Premium Club members

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Isn't Double Tree the equivalent to Starwood's Four Points? Hence smaller rooms, fewer amenities ... possibly half the price tag?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

So translate to Malay it's Hotel Dwi-Pokok?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Aiyo, apa tu "Dwi pokok"???

LOL!!! I tot its suppose to be Dua Pokok Hilton KLCC??

Jules, I think Dua pokoks have got free chocolate chip cookies?? I hope they are better than Famous Amos ones!

Jadamros, thanks for that, I tot it was part of intermark.. KL should have a few more shopping malls yes, but they should STOP selling the same brands everywhere! Its really boring to see padini and vinci and G2000 at almost every mall, whats the point of having 20 padini outlets all over the place?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

You'll see a lot Dwi Pokok Hotels in the States, not a particularly exciting hotel brand , unlike W by Starwood or even MGallery by Accor. But I think they will sex it up a little, afterall this is Asia, they can afford to. At least there's a new hotel added to the boring KL hotel scene., now that the Four Seasons project had been stalled, there's nothing much to look forward to, maybe the Grand Hyatt end of the year?

GT2K, please brush up on your Malay lah, I tell ya young fellas nowadays...wink:

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Rio, sigh, my malay really gone lar, need to read more Harian Metro and Berita harian when I go back next time... That Hotel Empat Musim belongs to that millionair Ong Beng Seng right ? the malaysian turned singaporean guy who owns the Grand millennium as well, maybe they stalled it cause of the recession.

Another good project to look forward to- I think they've started the St Regis project behind Muzium Negara, saw them excavating around. Suppose to be the tallest hotel/building in Kuala lumpur once it is completed, about 80 storeys high. Another addition for SPG premium fans here, all those good dining options! Expected opening date is Jan 2014! for a preview:

www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php…

Edited: 07 April 2010, 16:03
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

Yes the Empat Musim franchise belongs to the Ongs, who incidentally also own the one in Langkawi, and a host of other hotel brands and properties under his holding company but not the Millennium. This is owned by the Kwek familiy, Hong Leong group. Definitely something to do with his fall of fortune that his project stalled. I hope it's not like another former Hyatt project along Jln Ampang.

Good that you reminded me of the St.Regis project, hope it goes well. Lovely building.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Announcing Double Tree Hilton KLCC

I think the Hotel 4 Musim is being jointly developed by the Ong, Tan Sri Syed Yusof Syed Nasir & the Sultan of Selangor. The Syed Yusof guy (probably together with the Sultan?) also owns a few other hotels like the Concorde, Hard Rock Cafe, Sutra Beach Resort, etc. at least as I recall it. So together with the Ong, they all control quite a few hotels in KL, I suppose.

Oh yeah, btw shouldn't they rename it to 2 Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur? ;-)

Where is the exact location of the St. Regis KL, btw?