We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

Sydney
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

Hi,

We are travelling as two families arriving at LCCT. Is it better to purchase coupons for two family van taxis or is there an alternative such as bigger mini vans where we can all travel together?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

try skyvans

http://www.skybus.com.my/skyvans.html

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

what about the sky train, it runs from LCCT directly into KL, from there you grab a cab. It's cheap $4.50 AUD return ticket.

but yes if you want a people mover you go to the taxi booth and tell how many people you have and they organise the cars/van.

make sure you keep your receipt so the driver can't get more money out of you, as it's a set price.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

HI

There is not Skytrain near the airport and there is not train service directly serving LCCT [Sorry Coxie]

There is a direct train service serving KLIA, the other terminal at KUL, 20mins transfer from LCCT. It costs 2myr [25mins travel] per person to travel from LCCT to KLIA. The KLIA Express costs 35myr per person to KL Sentral.

There is a bus / train service, LCCT Transit Train, but its not the same as the KLIA Express, and you have to get a shuttle bus from LCCT to the nearest KLIA Transit station, then its 3 stations to KL Sentral. The bus / train cost 12.50myr per person to KL Sentral.

You would then need to catch a bus / taxi / train / monorail to your hotel from KL Sentral.

Skyvans or the Airport Taxis can only carry 8 or 10 passengers, so you will need two vehicles. Its better because its door to door, and not other transfering.

Have a great one.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

sorry I didn't know, as I'm yet to travel. I will be landing at the low cost terminal and have purchased the train tix with airfare, it was so cheap.

so will I have to go to the international airport to get this? or would it be easier to just get a van.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

Actually you purchased skybus tickets for 2 GBP. Thats the shuttle bus service to KL Sentral terminal. It takes approx 1 hour by by bus (non peak period) to the KL Sentral. From there you will have to take a few taxi's or a few larger vans to accomodate your group to the hotel.

6. Re: Getting 11 and baby from LCCT to KL hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:17