We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
flights

hi, was looking at air asia flight for xmas period, prices seem reasonable from stanstead etc, but it is thailand we are heading for for xmas etc. how long is flight from kl to bkk?

saw a good deal with eva direct from lhr for around £800.

so can,t decide what to do now! advise please......thanks

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

The actual flight time from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok is 2 hours. There is a one hour time difference between Thailand and Malaysia.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

Hi

YOu would also need to allow at least 3hours between flights with Air Asia as its a point to point carrier and you would have to clear customs and immigration at KUL before checking in again.

Remember that you can also fly to Phuket, Chaing Mai, Krabi as well as Bangkok with Air Asia.

Also by the time you add on extras like baggage, food, IFE etc scheduled flights are just about as cheap. So it might be worth while checking out the Eva deal.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

I'm with TMitch on this one, go with Eva if the price seems reasonable to you. The uncertainty of connecting flight with budget airline never appeal to me, I always use it for point to point travel only. Air Asia seems to get a lot of complaints lately (or for some, forever) about schedule changes without proper communciations.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

Hi SheffieldScotsGirl,

Okay, I might be biased, lol, and while a direct flight is tempting, why not have a stop over in KL for a day or 2 on the way to or from Bangkok?

If you want a full service flight to BKK, perhaps Qatar Airways and Emirates could be cheaper than Eva, but these would be with 1 transit in Doha and Dubai respectively. Depending on your flight choice for these airlines, flight time difference could be about 3 hours but you get a break about half way through your journey from UK to BKK. Besides Emirates also flies from Manchester, Birmingham and even Glasgow. Might save the trouble of travelling down to London if you're up in the north.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

thanks for your info, but have done all you said twice before, and eva is cheaper at the moment.

did consider a stopover in kl, but only got 2wks so think best to go straight to bkk as want to spend most of our time in koh chang.

cheers.

6. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 06:22