We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

Would appreciate any inputs pls. Need help in deciding which hotel to stay in among the following: Prince HOtel (thinking of getting the residence rooms like 1-bedroom apt instead of the regular rooms, but, do these have the twin towers view as well?) , Traders (read there is construction beside the hotel,the reason why we're having second thoughts), Impiana (just read a bad review although the good ones outnumber the bad)..

Thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
55 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

Prince Hotel does have room with Twin Towers view though may not be as good as Impiana KLCC and Traders Hotels as Impiana KLCC and Traders are nearer to Twin Towers.

In my opinion, it depends on where do you want to explore i.e in Bukit Bintang or KLCC Suria area. Prince Hotel is just opposite Pavilion shopping mall and about 5-10 min walk to Bukit Bintang area where Lot 10, Sungei Wang Plaza, Jalan Alor (food stall street). are located.

Impiana KLCC and Traders Hotel are close to KLCC Suria shopping mall and KLCC underground LRT.

Mentioned in this post
Bukit Bintang
Bukit Bintang
1,252 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,869 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sungei Wang Plaza
Sungei Wang Plaza
624 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Jalan Alor
Jalan Alor
6,125 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Impiana KLCC Hotel
Impiana KLCC Hotel
3,813 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

If you are going for the Twin Towers view, Traders is your best bet. The construction work that's going on next to it doesn't affect the view nor should it affect your overall stay. Make sure however that you opt for KLCC view room. From there you can get the full view of the towers.

Impiana is good. I mean in terms of rooms and service and breakfast buffet. The view of the Twin Towers from the rooms however are not as perfect as Traders because you basically see the towers more from the "side" rather than from the "front", unlike from the Traders.

I can't comment on Prince because haven't stayed there.

My opinion is that, if you're going for the view of the Twin Towers, opt for Traders.

If you want value for money, go for Impiana, and then to get the perfect view, go to Skybar at the Traders.

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,869 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
SkyBar
SkyBar
2,231 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,401 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

Hi

What is important to YOU?

If its the views of the Petronas Towers, then it has to be a park view room at Traders.

If its location, then its Prince. Some rooms will have views of the towers.

It you like to have a bit of a view and between KLCC and Bukit Bintang then its Impiana.

Only you can actually decide what YOU want out of a hotel.

I don't hold a huge store in a just one bad review, especially if most others are pretty good. I read the review and deciede if what the person is unhappy about matters to me, how many times they have posted, what else they have reviewed, is the general feeling bad, etc, etc.

To be honest, there is more to KL than views of the towers from your room, which is not where I personally spend much time.

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,869 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bukit Bintang
Bukit Bintang
1,252 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

no point comparing apples to pears.... all three hotels you mention has their weaknesses and strengths and they all have very different room pricing!

Well, there are constructions all around the twin towers sprouting up like mushrooms, so Traders and Impiana are both affected.

You want twin towers view, you HAVE to get the twin tower view deluxe rooms at Traders because only these rooms face the twin towers and will not be affected by the construction. Or upgrade to executive tt view if you need extra space. But the TTV rooms are not that cheap anymore because of their high demand.

Impiana is much much cheaper, probably RM 200 cheaper than the traders TTV rooms, but most rooms face the constructions and twin towers, but its value for money so people won't complain about the partial view for that price.

Prince has only partial view, but their breakfast is good and its closer to pavilion if you like shopping there.

Every hotel has at least one bad review...... nothing to be concerned about.

So it depends on you, do you want cheap with partial views or are you willing to dish out more for full views but a smaller room?

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

Thanks for all those who responded. Just got back from Malaysia. Stayed at Traders and I'm so happy to say I made the right decision. Cant wait to stay there again when we go back to Malaysia. Excellent hotel, the staff are great especially at the GOBO Chit Chat restaurant. Two thumbs up for Traders Hotel! One of my favorites now. = )

Mentioned in this post
Gobo Chit Chat
Gobo Chit Chat
215 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Osaka, Japan
Level Contributor
174 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

For sure, Impiana Hotel

nicole

7. Re: Prince Hotel, Traders or Impiana KLCC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 06:20