We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time it takes to clear customs in KL

South Africa
Level Contributor
408 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Time it takes to clear customs in KL

How long does it take to clear customs in KL with Malaysian Airlines from South Africa and flying Air Asia to KL from Singapour?

Mentioned in this post
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,435 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

HI

KLIA ot LCCT

It takes 30-60minutes to get off the plane, clear immigration, collect your bags, clear customs at KLIA from your MH flight.

It then takes 30mins to get the bus / taxi from KLIA terminal to LCCT

You would need to allow at least 1hour, preferably 2hours check in for your Air Asia flight out of LCCT to Singapore. The check in desks close promptly 45mins before the Air Asia flights leave.

so you need to leave at least 3, preferably 4hours between flights.

Or on the reverse (LCCT to KLIA)

It would take 30-60minutes to get off the plane, clear immigration, collect your bags, clear customs at LCCT from your Air Asia flight.

It then takes 30mins to get the bus / taxi from LCCTerminal to KLIA terminal

You would need to allow at least 2hour, preferably 3hours check in for your MH flight out of KLIA to South Africe. The check in desks close around 30 mins before the MH flights leave.

so you need to leave at least 4, preferably 5hours between flights.

TM

PS - its Singapore, not Singapour!!

Edited: 27 April 2010, 17:34
South Africa
Level Contributor
408 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

Thx Mitch for always counting on you. Been on many forums before , but the Kuala Lumpur one has been the best so far.

I would have never been able to plan this trip without your input, as many other tourists before me..

Oops. See now I made a boo boo with the spelling. English is my 2nd language so there will be a little spelling or tense fault every now and then.

We speak Afrikaans as you can remember from your days in SA .

Tomorrow I am doing all my final bookings. We had a long weekend in SA, so I had some time on hands to do all the planning.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,435 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

Still after all these years all I can remember are hoe gaan dit met jou?totsiens and goed, dankie!

Always happy to help!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
408 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

Very impressed! baie baie dankie vir hulp.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,435 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

You are more than welcome!

6. Re: Time it takes to clear customs in KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 06:20