We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Hi ppl, I would arrive in KUL Airport but would like to go Genting straightaway.

Can I know how do I go about doing it? Any buses to take? If yes how much is the fare per pax?

If no, how much is taxi up to Genting?

Thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Here's a very informative link that should tell you all you need to know.

www.journeymalaysia.com/ptagenting.htm

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

In other words, there are no buses directly from KLIA (or LCCT) to Genting.

You have to get to KL Sentral via bus, then switch to the Genting buses at KL Sentral.

Its a long way from Airport to Genting (90-120mins) so expect to pay in the region of RM200- RM280 for a taxi.

rwgenting.com/en/getting_there/limousine.htm

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Or take the air asia skyvan directly to genting on sharing basis, RM 95 one way per adult:

http://www.skybus.com.my/skyvans.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Hi Global_traveller2000,

Meaning I can go directly to Genting from LCCT using the Skybus?

Where to find the Skybus once out from the custom?

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Not skybus, I said SKYVAN. they are two very different methods so please dun get confused between the two or you won't end up in genting. Please read the link I Sent you.

Think two places, one small counter inside the airport when you arrive on the right; or go outside to the entrance where they depart from. LCCT is a small single storey shack, you can't get lost; trust me.

Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Thanks. But if Skyvan is to cost RM95/pax, might as well get a taxi that may cost RM200 for 4pax to get up to Genting which means is only RM50/pax right?

We are a family of 4. So charter the Skyvan may not be feasible as well unless we have more pax to divide the total cost.

If I wanna take a cab, can I just anyhow hail a taxi from LCCT and ask to get to Genting? Or there are specific cab to go to Genting?

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Not sure if you can hail any taxi there. We were told it was going to cost $280myr (2 adults and 2 kids) to Genting from LCCT. Anyway at that time were staying at the Tune Hotel there and as we were leaving, I saw a tour office, so I asked them how much for a taxi to Genting. They quoted $230myr. So I booked through them and the taxi picks you up from LCCT. This was the price for April 2010.

Now on the way to Genting I was asking the taxi driver how much from Genting to Bukit Bintang area and he quoted $100myr. We booked him for our return. At least then we didn't have to worry about it when we were at Genting. We just told him what day and time and what hotel to pick us up from at Genting. And he gave us his business card with name and number.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
49 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Guys,

If some of you would visit the genting resorts website, all the information is there that you need.

Link: www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/klsentral.htm

You need to take a bus (RM8-RM10 per person, 1 hour 20minutes-2 hours depending on traffic) or the KLIA Express train (RM35 per person, 40 minutes) to KL Sentral station which is still ON THE WAY to Genting. You have to go through KL City or the outskirts of it to get on the highway leading to Genting so anyone who say's you don't doesn't know what they are talking about.

Unless you are DRIVING yourself in a rented car, you can def. bypass the city by taking highways across the federal highways, cutting North on another highway that bypasses Subang, Damansara and join Jalan Duta intersection and the highway that leads North to Genting. Its a round about journey so unless you are mega rich and can afford a taxi (RM250-RM500 depending on if its a taxi, private van, etc), stick to the plan of getting to KL Sentral and then getting a genting bus to the resort.

You can also take a SKYVAN from LCCT if you are arriving on Air Asia and don't want to go to KL sentral on a SKYBUS (RM9.00 per person, 1 hour 15 minutes-2 hours depending on traffic).

Link:http://www.dynamicpackages.biz/package/eazy/order_item_module.cfm?pacID=PK080000974&comID=CM08000018

Genting Resorts website is: http://www.rwgenting.com/

I flew in recently on a saturday afternoon, took a KLIA express train into KL Sentral, and hopped on a bus to Genting at the Genting counter located on the basement level of the complex where the air asia buses arrive/depart. Counter is at the far end.

You will get hustled by a lot of people asking you where you're going. There IS a Genting counter so as soon as you come down the flight of stairs, head straight for 50 meters to the genting counter.

BTW, taxi's to KL city or anywhere are cheaper if you go to the first floor (escalator from the lobby level) and buy a taxi coupon. The counter is located next to the KTM ticket counter (kereta tanah melayu).

Lots of taxi's outside waiting and you don't get ripped off. Getting a taxi down below by the buses will mean:

1) you don't really care if you get ripped off or not

2) desperately late to get somewhere

3) have no clue what the going rate for cabs are and are not bothered how much difference you pay.

You can catch trains/buy tickets for trains to Ipoh, Thailand, Butterworth, Singapore at this KTM counter as well. Its well organized and the trains are good.

If you are heading to Subang, downtown KL (and you don't mind a bit of a walk to your hotel and don't have huge luggage to pull around), Midvalley Shopping Center, you can hop on a train that goes to these locations for a mere RM1-RM2.50 per person. Counter is located next to McDonalds at KL Sentral.

Have a safe journey.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

Hi dinitegrity,

If there are 4 or you and 4 suitcases, you will not fit into a normal taxi. You will need to catch 2 taxis.

So look at all the alternatives posted on this thread.

Cheers. Danuta.

mumbai
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses to Genting from KL Airport (KUL) LCCT

checked that site, it says 350 for charter. can it accomodate 4 adults and 3 kids. also do you have to pre book or can just do it on arrival which will be around 10 at night LCCT.

thankx