We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Can anyone guide if we want to hire a taxi from KL to Ipoh to see Lost world of Tambun in Ipoh how much can this cost

1. One way

Will we be able to have a return taxi from Ipoh or should we have return taxi booked from KL. What would be approximat cost? Where can we get this taxi from in KL

MAZ

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Its a 200km journey one way, a 2 hour journey.

A hired car would probably cost you RM 300-400 round trip.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Thanks , Can you recommend some hired car counter/company/service near KL sentral for the purpose. I would appreciate.

MAZ

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Most people I know would not spend the money nor the time.

There are probably better things to do in KL than to go all the way there and spend RM300-400 on transport.

Any reason why you want to go there?

KL, Malaysia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

Maz, just curious to know why you want to head all the way to IPoh to the Lost world when KL has the park's HQ at Sunway lagoon......

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

A; theme parks in KL will be much crowded due to school hlidays as compared to Ipoh theme park

B: on the website it looks much more interestin for kids than sunway

C: travelling by road or train for two to three hours to reach such a peaceful and green place my kids like to do that, as we normally do it in our hometown as well.

D: we can also plan a night stay there to take rest and come back next day, it depends.

We are having genting already, so going to sunway in addition no excitement.

E: I am also thinking to rent a car for a day (Good one) and drive it myself to IPOH , my kids will like it more than going by a taxi> I am used to driver of highways due to my job nature.

Hope it clarifies.

Will definitely share my experience on this forum with you all

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

One more thing the cost

Calculate the ticket price of Sunway for five of us two adults three children under 12 + two way taxi in KL around 40RM and then ticket price of this lost world + 300 to 400 does not make any big difference. See yourself.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

If you really want TO, but as suggested, around KL would be the most reasonable choice:

- take the express train 54 from KL Sentral 9am to Ipoh for RM12 per adult and RM 8 per child, arrival at Ipoh station at noon. take a taxi to lost world for under RM 30.

- then take the express train 57 at 6pm back to KL, arriving kl at 9pm, same price as above.

this would be the cheapest and fastest option compared to a cab. you can book train tickets online at www.ktmb.com.my

Dhaka
Level Contributor
47 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

did you take that trip to Lost World ? we are thinking of it.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

yes and it was fun for all of us. My kids like that place so much.

We took a train in the evening to Ipoh. Reached around 2130. Hotel was boked already through internet for one night. Took rest and in the morning tok a cab in RM25 to lost world of tambun. Entry passes were already booked through Internet. It was much cheaper than the parks in KL. But lotr of things were there for us. I recommend to see their website. Specially lion feding show, river cruise, bird park, hot water were too good. Return reservation was already with us by train at 0630 PM. SO returned around 5 PM from there and got back to KL in our hotel at night. If u are not alergic to travel in train or bus you do it. Busses also go there and return cab is another option. Depend how much u can pay.

Dhaka
Level Contributor
47 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Return Taxi fare fm KL Sentral to Lost world of Tambun Ipo

.......enjoyed reading your article. I think we will follow the train schedule but do not plan to stay over night. We will leave KL ealier i guess.

Thanks to you and Global traveller for the train advice.

My kids are really looking forward to this place.

Looks amazing. BUt we wuill do the Sunway lagoon too. in that way i can compare the two parks.