We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

menara tower ... buffet lunch

Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
menara tower ... buffet lunch

hi

we will be in KL late august/september and enquired about the hi-tea,but, was informed that it isnt on during Ramadam....

''Seri Angkasa Revolving Restaurant KL Tower. the cost is RM50.00nett per person, serving continental cuisine buffet. The operation hour is from 12.00noon-3.00pm. during fasting month only. ''

so on that basis...38 rm to get up the tower ...and 12rm ...even if you dont want to eat .... well make a booking for a 12 rm for a cup of coffee and sit and watch the world go by from on high.....

thought others may be interested for a cheap lunch or coffee

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

I did this about a month ago - for the High Tea. Basically the High Tea is a full buffet - Curries, rice, salads, breads, plus a full dessert buffet. The food wasn't great - at all - but if you go with the mindset that you are paying for the view it is good value.

Make sure you ask for a window table when you book and ask them to confirm you will have a window table. Some tables are one back from the window and you have someone else between you and the view. I did request this and asked them to confirm and then when we arrived we were still one table back from the window - with a group of people in between. We just didn't sit down and insisted they had confirmed we would have a window. After a while they moved a table around and we got our view. Without the view it is not worth it for the meal.

Caroline.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

Hi

You don't pay the 38myr to go up the tower, its the 50myr for lunch!

Worth it for the views although 12myr for the food might be about right, average, but plentiful!

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

guys can you pls enumerate all the possible activities at the KL tower and it's rates? observation deck, cultural show, tea etc?

at least I can have all the options to choose from which one should be the top priority while also considering my budget. thanks a lot

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

38MYR is per person (child or adult) and included a trip up to the observation deck, a ride on a racing car ride and a ticket in to a little mini zoo thing at the foot of the tower.

The High Tea on Sunday afternoon comes in at 55MYR total and includes access to the observation deck - but not the car ride or zoo. (we asked about this - only observation deck).

The other meals in the restaurant vary in price depending on lunch or dinner (see their web page for prices).

Caroline.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

Hi

To enumerate the list of activites at KL Tower?

1] The tower offers a choice of a meal in the restaurant or you can visit the obs deck with no food but stay nearly as long as you like

http://www.menarakl.com.my/index.cfm?sc=109

serimelayu.com/restaurants/…index.html

2] The food is average in the restaurant

3] The view is first class from either the restaurant or the obs deck

4] There is no culture show at either as people go for the view.

5] there are other things to see and do at the base of the tower.

How does it rate - well only you can decide that as we all rate things differently

At trip just to the obs deck costs 38myr per person and includes some extras, whilst the cost of the meal includes the entry to the tower and the food . . . the view is included in both.

LUNCH BUFFET

12.00 Noon - 3.00 PM (Weekdays)

RM 60.00++ Adult | RM 35.00++ Child

BRUNCH BUFFET

11.30 AM - 3.00 PM (Weekends & Public Holidays)

RM 70.00++ Adult | RM 40.00++ Child

AFTERNOON TEA

RM35.00++ Per Person

(price above effective on 1st April 2010)

HI-TEA BUFFET

RM 48.00++ per adult | RM26.00++ Per Child

(price above effective on 1st April 2010)

DINNER BUFFET

Early: 6.30 PM - 9.00 PM

Late: 9.30 PM - 11.00 PM

RM135.00++ Adult | RM 75.00++ Child

Have fun!

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

these are the info that I really need. I really thank you guys for all these info. what about the rainforest walk? is it also included on the MYR38 + observation?

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

The kids may enjoy the add ons that come with the entrance ticket.

Does anyone know what the 'Forest in the City" is or anything about the "Malaysia Cultural Village" (I didn't see either of these when I visited}?

8. Re: menara tower ... buffet lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 07:20