We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Hi

I will be travelling to Kuala Lumpur next year

However, i would like to make a tentative list of things to do etc.

I have narrowed down my hotel to Sentral & My Hotel @ Sentral.

Can the members advise me how to book the hotels so that i get the best rates & how far in advance i should book them

I will be staying for 5 -6 days

Thanks for advising

1. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 07:35
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

dear tengkykan, kindly refrain from advertising your Blog, we are on a travel forum, not a blog advertising forum.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Just compare the rates. DO your homework, search multiple website like agoda or klhotels.com and compare it to the hotel website. Its really very straightforward. Best book about 1-2months before you plan to arrive.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Thanks for the reply

My intention of posting at the site was to remove agents from the list with whom members have had trouble in the past.

I read a post a day back wherein a member has posted his harrowing experience with Hotels.com

Also I would prefer a Booking agency which has a physical office in KL, so that I can meet them in person in a worst case scenario

BTW I have found that Latestays.com are quoting the lowest rates for the current dates for the hotels I am looking at.

How is their reputation & member feedback ?

Thanks for advising

Edited: 13 August 2010, 02:26
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

What was this problem Bangalore that you read about just a day ago?

Did you know that Hotels.com is owned by Expedia.com and apparently it also owns tripadvisor?

Anyway, I would like to say that I find bother expedia and hotels.com great to use for booking. If I have any problems I can call and it is not long before someone answers. I have been able to get some very good discounts recently and their voucher system is great. Best of all is they don't charge for cancellations on refundable bookings.

I just tried out Expedia's price guarantee a couple of days ago (by phone) for two hotels and I was very impressed and saved heaps.

I've only had one problem when I booked two rooms under the one booking number and cancelled it but they rectified it after some emails.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

I was refering to this post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k382…

Edited: 13 August 2010, 05:28
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Thanks for the link.

It is impossible to take this as a warning as she hasn't even explained what her problem was.

A great alternative for her would be to email.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

its way too early to book now for Sept 2011. I would suggest waiting a bit longer at least till end of this year. Unless you are very very very sure you will be heading to KL. Do note that KL is a very fast changing city, you might see constructions and buildings going up overnight and things changing. So no one knows what will happen to Brickfields soon and how long the Little India construction will take to complete.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,167 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

Hi

I have used Hotels.com.

Hotels.com is one of the hundreds, and hundreds, of reservation websites offering rooms.

You pay your money and take your choice. When doing anything, most people will always have a good experiances, a small few will always have a bad experiance. Most people who have the bad experiance have to tell everyone, whilst those that have the good experiance never seem to share as much . . . . human nature.

Just because one person tells us about their bad experiance who is to say you will. I used hotels.com and I had nothing but a very good service from hotels.com. Hotel booked at a good price, no issues or problems, room was there, correct charge was made.

Like most things in life where we part with money, it is buyer beware!

Remembering that a deal that appears too good to be true, probably is!

Always read the terms and conditions / small print for booking as this is normally where the bad experiance stems from, an expectation that XX will happend but the companys terms and conditions clearly say YY will happen.

Just make sure that any bargain / deal is right for you!

10. Re: Best Agency to Book Hotel Sentral or My Hotel@Sentral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2011, 06:15