We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

On our last trip we happened upon the food court in the Basement at the Pavillion. The food and choices were excellant, it was also very clean and not overcrowded. Our favorite was the Japanese section where they cooked the food on hotplates in front of us.

This will be a good place to eat when we go there in a couple of weeks with our three children but were wondering what other places are around?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Head to Jalan Alor for fantastic street-side dining and people watching. Once we discovered it, we went there every night to try a new resaurant. I loved Ah-Noy Thai - fresh, delicous and super-cheap! Great service too :)

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

There is the Hutong food court in the basement of the Lot 10 mall.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Thanks, I've marked them both on my map.

Lot 10 looks fantastic, bigger than the Pavillion food Court. How do the prices compare?

My daughter is allergic to fish and so she will be very limited in what she can eat. It seems that a lot of the dishes use fish sauce as a base. When talking to someone who does not have good english could you give me some advice on the easiest way to ask if there is any fish or fish stock in the food?

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

I have recently returned from a trip to Bali via KL with a friend who suffers food allergies.

I found out about cards (from one of the TA forums) you can have made with all the information regarding food allergies written in the language of the country you are visiting.

Not sure which one she used but here are a couple:

www.allergytranslation.com

www.selectwisely.com

I think she used the second one. I know they came laminated and also showed a picture of the allergy causing food inside a red circle with a red line through it. There is a fee for these but she was glad she had them.

We used these cards at every meal and they made life a whole lot easier.

Mind you, even with the basic pictures to go with the translation, they weren't foolproof. One food my friend is allergic is to mushrooms - one meal came out with a huge mushroom on top!!! At another restaurant, the owner, who was quite proficient in English looked at the card and said, "so you are allergic to peanuts" - ah no, no picture of a peanut on the card!!!!

As I say these cards were invaluable but not foolproof, you still have to be diligent and double check.

Don't worry, my friend did not have any reactions while we were away and having a food allergy did not in any way spoil our trip!!

Enjoy

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Thanks Veejay, that is great advice.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

The food court at The Pavillion is an absolute winner as far as we're concerned too. Especially the Japanese teppanyaki! Looked at Lot 10 food court, but didn't eat there as it just didn't appeal. But maybe that's just us.

Another favourite is Jalan Imbi. The carpark opposite the Ritz Carlton from about 5 or 6pm I think. Best satays for the whole trip and oh so very cheap!

Also saw a tepanyaki in level 4 (I think) at Sungei Wang. Unfortunatly we'd just eaten and it was our last night or we would have gone back. Looked excellent and cheap!

Enjoy!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Second vote for Jalan Alor.

It is one whole street which at night is transformed into a food street with every thing concievable, way better than a food court and with so much stmosphere, an experience for sure.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

Having the kids with us makes the Food Courts a good option so it's good to hear there are a few around.

Nessnem, the other thing that we found interesting about the Pavillion was the serving sizes, they were huge. We ordered a meal served in a small wok to share and then we were going to order another meal (for variety) but we were full.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

We took our kids, aged 3 and 7 to Jalan Alor and they were treated like rock stars!

The kids loved the atmosphere and checking out the different foods on offer. They'll never forget the frog porridge stall, or the unmistakable smell of durian as we walked back to our hotel :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Food Court in Bukit Bintang

hiya got to be people watching on jalan alor x