We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

Hi,

It will be my 2nd time to KL, will be staying in Bukit Bintang area.

I am familar with the shopping centres, however want help with other sights to see.

Any suggestions on itinerary what to do, for this short trip to KL..?

Are taxi drivers cheaper than doing tours?

Also, where is the best place to be for NYE 2010, we arrive in the morning?? Night club suggestions?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,719 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

Ho

Have you looked at the top questions about Kuala Lumpur, especially . .

 FAQ KL Popular sights

 FAQ KL Sights Monorail / LRT

Lots of information about the sights.

You don't need to hire a taxi driver, but you would for the out of town sights. Most of the in town sights are easy to do using public transport and walking.

Really up to you to figure out what you want to see, as my idea of a great 5 days might be your idea of hell!

KLCC park / Petronas Towers is THE place to be on NYE rather than any club.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

For your first night in KL, just be on the street in Bukit Bintang for the count down and enjoy the fireworks.

Just be careful with your belongings when you are on the street that night, lots of people around and pick pockets would be looking out for easy target.

Leave your passport in the hotel, carry a copy of it with you (just in case), some cash and perhaps your mobile phone and camera.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

Hey,

We are heading over in December for our first visit and also asked for help but got told to look at the FAQ - I have copied a link for you for the most helpful post in that section:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k3…

I also love this web site for ideas:

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/

Have a great NY, we leave just before NY to go to Krabi but I am sure that KL will be awesome!

4. Re: Itinerary help! 31 Dec - 4 Jan (3 nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Lumpur