We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help changing Air Asia seats

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
863 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help changing Air Asia seats

Hi everyone,

I have just gone into "Manage my booking" and have chosen "Change my seats", purely so I could see how full our flight from Melbourne to KL is (January 2011). Can see only about 20 seats have been taken so far, so maybe some Melbourne flights will be cancelled in coming months. (Paranoia setting in...)

Since I don't actually want to change the seats, should I "Confirm and Continue", or just close the webpage. I'm frightened I will somehow stuff up our booking if I do the wrong thing.

Thanks for any help.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help changing Air Asia seats

You don't need to confirm and continue - just click out of the page and it wont change anything.

Don't worry about only 20 seats being taken.

The majority of people don't reserve seats.

I think at that time of the year you are pretty safe.

Caroline.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,378 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help changing Air Asia seats

If you do press Confirm and Continue, you get another copy of this latest, unchanged, booking by Email. The Booking Reference remains the same.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help changing Air Asia seats

I agree with Caroline (and who wouldn't?:)). Not many people pay the extra to book a seat and if there are 20 booked IMHO I'd say that there are quite a few bookings already for those flights.

Sydney
Level Contributor
863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help changing Air Asia seats

Thanks so much for those replies - you are all regular contributors to the forum whose opinions I trust and respect. I did realise that some people might have booked flights but not paid the extra to book seats, but the Perth problems have made me a bit anxious, especially as we have already booked flights from Sydney to Melbourne, just to catch our Air Asia flights.

I did in the end click to go "Back" on the computer, at which point the Air Asia site had a major hiccup and couldn't navigate back, so I had to close it down. From what you say, the booking should not have changed, although I haven't looked yet.

Nibbles

5. Re: Help changing Air Asia seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:32