We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Perth to KL question

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Perth to KL question

When AA starting taking bookings for a (now) fictitous second daily flight does anyone know up to what date they were taking bookings for?

Perth
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

Not sure, but I CAN tell you that it did not extend to April 2011, as I booked that back in May, and at the time was disappointed that they didnt offer the afternoon return flight to Perth. Now, of course, I am very thankful that I wasnt offered that!!

Maree

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

fairly sure it ran from middle of sept to end of oct

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

Thanks for that, it rings a bell.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

Hi there.

I booked my holiday for Aug 17th 2010. They already had the arvo flight listed then from KL to Perth. Pretty sure it was listed for a week or two before that date.

Cheers. Danuta.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

I thought they had the flights available for flights over at least three months but it could have been longer.

A lady that works with my hubby was supposed to fly out at 6.50am just over a week ago on the Saturday and she was told the flight was cancelled. They had booked from Perth to KL and KL to London so they had to book the Perth to KL leg with Malaysia Airlines.

I have read on the interenet that people are still experiancing problems very recently and as we have trips booked for early November I was trying to get an idea as to what was going on.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

I am flying to KL on the 21st October... I have been checking the Perth airport for arrivals and departures. All 6.50am flights have been departing so fingers crosssed ( and legs and toes!!!)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

Agree with foyleroad, the second daily flight between Perth & Kuala Lumpur was only available until 31 October. The next scheduling period which runs til 31 March has never and still doesn't include the second flight. Thinking perhaps it was a trial run, as were the additional flights between Perth & Bali. It would seem that the Bali ones did better as they seem to be continuing.

Sad, coz we much prefer Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia and think everyone should go check it out :o)

Lise & Sabrina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

Hi there.

I wouldnt be surprised if Perth is still going to have ongoing problems with AA.

Marees hubby was told by air crew they are cutting back to 5 flights per week on the Per - KL run.

Still selling for 7 flights per week.

Dont think that the air crew staff would know unless their rosters had to be altered.

Cheers. Danuta.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

I put this up on the Air Asia Facebook page:

"Is it true that Air Asia are reducing flights from Perth to Kuala Lumpur (and vice versa) to 5 days per week??? So sad if it's true!"

Their reply was:

"Hi Lisa, mind to share with us where did you get this from?"

They sounded surprised that this "news" is out there... They have neither confirmed nor denied, so we'll be keeping our everything crossed they stick with the 7 flights per week!

Have been trawling the Air Asia website, and Air Asia Facebook pages (both the Air Asia.com and the Air Asia Australia ones, and no news anywhere...

Lise (& Sabrina)

Perth
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Perth to KL question

You beat me to it Lisa!

I just posted the same question 5 mins ago on Air Asia Australia's facebook page - but I guess I wont get an answer for a couple of hours (at least).

I did mention that we were told by air crew though....so hope no-one gets rapped over the knuckles for telling us.

Maree