We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Can anyone advise if the Low cost terrminal have skybridge to planes on international flights, or do we have to walk across the tarmac.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

No sky bridges unfortunately, its a walk across the tarmac and up the stairs.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Having bridges would add on extra costing for the airline, so savings to be made by not having them, all part of the low cost flying experience!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

I could be wrong, but wasn't there something said about aerobridges for the new lcct?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,591 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Still unresolved at this stage. Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad ("MAHB") is pushing for aerobridges to be installed at the new LCCT, but Air Asia is resisting as MAHB would charge a fee for Air Asia for each use of the aerobridges (who would then no doubt have to pass on the cost in the airline tickets via higher airport tax). Air Asia also claims that aerobridges would affect the 25-minute turn-around time needed for their planes to arrive-disembark-embark-depart.

Probably just Dato' Tony's negotiation strategy to get free use of aerobridges from MAHB?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Bad news, but thanks anyway.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Thanks for your reply, just that my husband was walking difficulties.

Guess we will just have to manage as best we can.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

Thanks for your reply, you are probably right, but my husband has walking difficulties so I guess we will just have to manage as best we can.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

You can get assistance from Air Asia, including wheelchair access to the plane as well as priority boarding. So you could take you time getting to the plane if you dont want to use the chair. Having said that Ive seen people practically crawling along until they get called forward first then sprint like Usain Bolt to get on first!

Have a look at this link it may help as I dont know the extent of your husbands problems.

asiatraveltips.com/news08/164-DisabledTravel…

Looking at Air Asia, during the booking process it does ask if you need special assistance. I dont know if you looked at this request. If not you could perhaps mention it during check in and they could organize help for you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

its walki walki im afraid

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Low cost terminal Kuala Lumpur

If your husband has trouble - I would call Air Asia and has them to mark your booking special assistance.

As mentioned, you get on first and are taken over the tarmac in a wheel chair. The walk isn't too far really - the plane stairs could be a problem for him.

I think they can only take a certain number of 'special assistance' people per flight - so you might be lucky.

Caroline.