We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Company!

Notts, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Company!

Hi all,

I am in KL 9th-12th December. I am looking at doing some trips but despite looking at the info in the top right I cannot seem to find info for a solo traveller. It all seems based on families/couples.Has anyone any tips (and cost) for gettiing to the elephant sanctuary, Batu caves and FRIM alone?

Or, if anyone is there at the same time and fancies going over together then drop me a line. I am house trained and polite!

cheers,

Dave

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,872 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Company!

Batu Caves is easy to do solo. Just hop on the KTM komuter train to get there.

Mentioned in this post
Batu Caves
Batu Caves
11,443 Reviews
Batu Caves, Malaysia
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Company!

hiya dave i normaly go on my trips to malaysia on my own, an im feelmale and 52 firstly i normaly use the rapid buses tget around its real easy and the malays are very friendly and helpful if you get stuck,

sorry id like to hook up with you and help but im going in feb2011

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,399 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Company!

Hi

Most of the requests about solo travel are from ladies. If you type in single in the search field you will find a few post.

From experiance, I don't think most of the trips are either couple or family based.

Batu caves is easy to do on the LRT (train)

FRIM is also easy to do, its a turn up on the day sort of place.

The elephant sanctuary is more a tour, so you can hire a driver but obviously it does cost more, but a trip with Razali is the better option. If you search elephant, santuaryyou will find his e-mail.

Mags, you crack me up. I have never meet a feelmale before! Does this mean you like to touch men or is it just the menapause (thats what I've got)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Company!

haha...... ( C R A F T moment !! ).... my excuse is im tired???....honest!!

5. Re: Company!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 06:16