We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR from a first timer

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
JBR from a first timer

First time flying east and we are so glad we did !

We flew out xmas eve with Air Asia. No problems whatsoever. On landing in KL we went to the ticket counter and paid 74 MYR for a budget taxi to the Crowne Plaza.

We loved everything about the hotel except getting bitten by mozzies, probably due to sitting outside in the evening for a night cap.

We decided to try and stay up the first day and managed it easily by keeping ourselves busy. We headed off for lunch in a shopping mall then over to the park near the towers which was heaving being xmas day. We then had drinks at the traders when we finally found the entrance. Lots of areas were conderned off due to New Year preparations.

The following day we went to the Albion restaurant for xmas lunch which was excellant throughout. In the evening we headed off to Little India and then onto China town for drinks and a meal. China town had a great vibe and we stayed quite a while. Large tiger beers were were 13 MYR which seemed a real bargain after the other places we visited. We used the monorail for all of our journeys and once we had worked out how to get through the barriers found it very easy to travel.

On our final day we had pre arranged a taxi for four of us with a great driver called Ravin , He arrived on time and took us to Batu caves for a couple of hours , then on to the fort a fish restaurant and finally the Firelies. We had the most fantastic day and never once felt rushed. The total price for the whole journey was 270MYR total which represented excellant value. If anyone would like hs number feel free to PM me.

Our taxi back to LCCT wasn't so positive ! The driver the hotel called for us was either ill or falling asleep on the way to the airport, we kept having to allert him. When I looked at his badge on the dash board it was a man about 40 years younger in the picture. I can only assume this guy had borrowed someone elses taxi !!!!!

All in all we enjoyed KL very much and it was a great base to visit other places inc Melaka -Langkawi and Singapore. Hopefully one day we will return

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR from a first timer

Thank you for your JBR. I know exactly what you mean by sleepy taxi drivers!

Japan
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR from a first timer

Well glad you made it puppydog!

Also you had you Christmas lunch at the Albion pleased my recommendation was ok, I would of come over to say hello if I had known who you were! (were you sitting near the front door by any chance?)

I have also been given a 'dodgy' taxi driver from the CP. At one point I was going to tell him to get out of the cab and I would drive. Lots of other cabs were beeping him on the highway. I did report it though back to the hotel.

Pleased you enjoyed your stay in KL.

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR from a first timer

Let's just say if I ever return to KL I will pre order any taxi's myself LOL

It was such a difficult situation being stuck on a highway in the middle of nowhere with a driver who kept nodding off, switching lanes and braking constantly. Thankfully he was driving very slow but I was so pleased to see the airport !

Scotlandscout we actually went to the Albion on boxing day as we landed xmas day and thought it may be a rush. But we loved the place and would have gone again if we could remember where it was. We had our son with us the first time who has been backpacking in Asia for months so was familiar with KL

I did look out for you at CP but had no idea who I was looking for LOL

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,451 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR from a first timer

Hi

Glad you had a great time [apart from the taxi and we have had similar experiance with hotel provided cars

What was you 'best' bit.

Thanks for sharing.

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR from a first timer

The highlights had to be Batu caves where we witnessed a great ceremony and of course the fireflies which were fantastic.

Xmas day walking through the park towards the Traders was amazing so many families all out relaxing, swimming and just generally having a good time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR from a first timer

Thank you for the Great trip report, I am sorry about the driver but I am pleased you had good time in KL.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR from a first timer

hiya glad you had a great safe trip!!! and got back safe !!

barcelona
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR from a first timer

Hello my name is Ana., could you please give me telephon taxi driver "Ravin "

Sorry for my english

Many thanks from Spain

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,451 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR from a first timer

Hi Ana

Why not post a new question rather than hop on an old post or send the OP a PM as they suggest, keeps you within the TA guidelines.

barcelona
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR from a first timer

Ok thank you I will do it.