We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Off to KL in 3 weeks for 3 nights stopover & haven't booked any accommodation. I'm looking for a hotel for 2 adults, newish or renovated if possible, somewhere in Bukit Bitang or close by anyway. Away from noisy bars/traffic would be a bonus. Cost less than $200AUD/night. I'm thinking Fraser Place would be OK. Price seems about right & reasonable reviews. It seems to be about 15 minutes walk from the shopping centres and about the same to the monorail - is this correct?

Any others I should consider?

Mentioned in this post
Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur
1,915 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Haha..frasers place is right smack in the party street of P ramlee and also a very jammed part of the city. It is however close to klcc.

I would recommend you look at the Ritz Carlton instead.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Hi,

We stayed there in July and never ever again......

In terms of location I think you can do better. It's not right on anything. There is a short walk to KLCC, bit longer to monorail, and longer again to Pavillion.

I don't think there is any hotel you can stay at that put you right next to everything, but picking one thing to be really close to is in my view better than being a walk from everything. We are going back in about 7 weeks and have picked Prince Hotel this time. Better proximity to everything except KLCC. My preference is to be closer to Pavillion and monorail.

Good luck...there are many great places to stay in KL.

Kerrie

UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

The Royale Chulan might fit your requirements. Officially opened 2010 so pretty new. Easy walk to Pavilion. Nice pool area and good rooms.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

OK, I've gone off Fraser Place - don't really need to be in party central. The Prince looks pretty good for the price. The choice of room type is going to be a problem. Any suggestions on what to choose? Are the Towers view rooms worth getting?

Mentioned in this post
1,915 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Queensland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Ended up booking a Premier Executive room with the club benefits at the Prince. Total cost is MYR 951 for 2 nights. Looks good in the photos - don't they all! I'm hoping the room has views of the Towers, but I'm not sure if these rooms do.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Hi,

My parents have just returned from there not long ago and couldn't have been happier (see my previous post titled Prince Hotel). Another good thing about the Prince is that I understand that they are very generous with upgrades when they are available.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Kerrie

Perth
Level Contributor
62 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

Hard to go past Melia stayed there a few times and for$72 night is lovely and very handy to malls

8. Re: Fraser Place Hotel - good location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2012, 06:16