We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are thinking of staying at the Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL for two nights. Is it a good hotel to relax by the pool? Is there a pool bar in the hotel?

I know the hotel is close to the city centre and Bukit Bintang, but are there eating places on the doorstep of the hotel? Looking at the Google map, it appears that the Crowne Plaza's immediate neighbours are office buildings. Are there any local eating places (hawker centres/coffee shops) or stores (such as 7-11 or a supermarket) within a minute's walk of the hotel?

Thank you!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Hi

The Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel, as many people don't tend to relax much by the pool the areas always tend to be quiet, and always a bar service.

KL is not a great place for Hawkers Centres and coffee shops. You will find 7Elevens every where and there are some supermarkets in the larger malls like Pavillion and Lot 10. The CP is right outside the Raja Chulan monorail station, and is inright in the city centre, so a range of hotels and office blocks are its neighbours as are most of the city hotels.

It's a 15min stroll to Bukit Bintang, the Pavillion Mall, Suria KLCC / Petonas Towers, Jalan Alor (food streed), or you could hop on the monorail for a 5min ride on the monorail ride to Bukit Bintang and then walk about. The Pavillion Mall and Lot 10 have some lovely food courts and Jalan Alor is a whole street of restaurants that is open at night.

There is a small street with some 'hawkers' stalls behind the CP, but this is more popular with local taxis drivers than tourists.

tourism.gov.my/corporate/images/Maps%20of%20…

[cut and paste this into you bowser if the link does not work]

Hope that helps a little.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Thank you very much for the helpful information.

I'm glad to hear that the Crowne Plaza is good for relaxing by the pool. I'm also very interested in the small street with hawker stalls behind the hotel. We want to eat at places where the locals eat. Could you please tell me the name of the street, so I can look at it on the map? Are the stalls open from morning till night?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Hi,

Since Crowne Palaza is in city centre there are many places nearby to find good food. You can go to the food court of Pavilion or also to Jalan Alor (Bukit Bintang) if you want to taste the local food. There are some 7-11 stores so u need not worry abt these things.

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

I suggest you compare your CP rate with the club floor rate at The Istana which is located on the opposite side of the monorail line in from of the CP. They too have a nice pool for relaxing with f&b service. Have stayed at both hotels. We liked the CP, but found the club at Istana to be a far better deal than the regular rooms at CP. If you do look for rates at Istana then do check the hotel website as that is where we found the lowest rate for the club floor.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Hello,

You can also consider the Federal Hotel, which is older n not quite as nice as Crowne Plaza or Istana, but cheaper, right in the heart of Bukit Bintang, closer to food court n Jalan Alor.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Thank you all for your suggestions :)

We definitely want to book a Club Room, whether it's at the Crowne Plaza or another hotel.

I've just had a look at the Istana Hotel online and the rate for a Club Room is very good. However, the Istana Hotel is a bit further from the city centre than the Crowne Plaza. Between the Club Room at the Istana Hotel and Crowne Plaza, which is better? And how about the Club Room at the Parkroyal Hotel? I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

We want to stay at a hotel with a relaxing atmosphere, with a great (and quiet) pool area to relax in and unwind with a drink, and which is located within close walking distance to local eateries.

Thank you all for your help!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Hi

FYI Crowne Plaza and Istana are literally across the junction frm one another. Dunno whether Istana has been refurbed but the last time I checked it was aging. Parkroyal v nice n good value. IMHO, Parkroyal is a bit more central. Surrounded by 2 malls Sungei Wang & Lot 10, hop & skip frm monorail station, refurbed in 07. Cant say what club rooms r like, but we had a double queen bed room for aud 100.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

If you are going to go for a club room stay at Traders. I haven't stayed at The Istana but have stayed at both CPM and PR. CPM was a bit more upmarket than PR, PR is more central as mentioned. Haven't stayed in a club room at CPM but have at PR. The extra you pay to stay in Traders club room is more than worth it over PR club room. Far better selection of food and beverage, better service and those brilliant views of the Petronas towers. Feels a lot more exclusive that PR club floor. PR is a good 3 star hotel, Traders a good 4 star.

Traders has a little shuttle bus that can drive you to and from KLCC mall and is about a 5-10 minute walk from Pavillion Mall. CPM is about a 10 minute walk from Pavillion/Lot 10 and has a monorail stop almost directly in front of the drive way that leads up to the hotel, 1 stop to the monorail station across from Sungei Wang Plaza, 2 to Times Square.

All in all I have had good stays at the 3 hotels mentioned, but Traders is now my hotel of choice in KL.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Thank you both for the helpful information :)

I did look at Traders Hotel but the pool area doesn't sound like a nice, quiet one to relax in, because it's also a bar area. It sounds to me like the Crowne Plaza might be the best in terms of having a quiet pool area to relax in. Is this correct?

The Parkroyal Hotel is great in terms of location, but not as upmarket as the Crowne Plaza, according to Reposado. What's the pool area like compared to the Crowne Plaza?

Thank you!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL

Pool at Crowne Plaza is very comfortable. Small, beautiful loungers with rolled up towels. I love this hotel, going back 5th April for the Grand Prix . The view from the club level floor rooms is amazing and I couldn't fault it.