We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spray Tan

Cairns
3 posts
Save Topic
Spray Tan

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good place to get a 2hr spray tan in KL near the Dorsett Regency.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur
1,627 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spray Tan

Tanning salons are a western thing. We don't even have store-bought tanning creams/sprays!! Asians prefer to be fair, hence whitening products are widely available.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
205 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spray Tan

hahaha. Sorry, this is almost funny :). everyone here is tanned naturally by the sun .... Not many spray tan outlets here. And yes we hate getting dark !! :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spray Tan

What a strange request, isn't that why westerners go to Malaysia in the first place? Anyway, get it done before you go is my advice.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spray Tan

<< What a strange request, isn't that why westerners go to Malaysia in the first place? >>

Westerners come to Malaysia for a spray-tan???? Don't know how that's possible since there aren't any tanning salons! I don't think there's such a salon anywhere in Asia ... asians are too concerned about "skin darkening". Ironical.

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spray Tan

I meant that Westerners go to places like Malaysia to get a tan on the beaches, not to get spray tans : )

Mentioned in this post
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,430 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spray Tan

HI

Being one of those really pale westeners who comes to SE Asia to get a bit of a tan, I can't say I have seen anything.

I would totally agree with getting it done before you go . . . as many products in Malaysia will actually 'bleach' the skin as a pale skin is considered better - the reverse of the westerner where a brown skin is considered better.

However . . . now a tale from Granny TM . . . . several years ago I paid a lot of money to get a really good spray tan before I went. (I am very, very pale) It looked really good, and matured into a deep tanned colour. Once I arrived in KL, and the humid conditions, I started to develop strips as my sweat and clothing reacted with the spray tan! And gosh did that look nice, NOT! So unless you are just going to sit there and not do much, you will probably lose some of it.

If you really feel the need to get a colour, then use some of those moisturisers that slowly colour, but a spray tan if enjoying your holiday does not always work . . .

Oh, do as we do now . . . just be ourselves . . . use a good quality sun factor and slowly get a good colour with the least damage to our pale skin!!

Have fun!!

Mentioned in this post
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,998 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spray Tan

Hi Travellingtigermitch

What a funny story. I had this amazing vision of you walking down the street all striped. I wondered if people felt sorry for you, thinking you might have had some sort of strange disease.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spray Tan

LOL LOL poor TM. I can just about imagine you with a tan-gone-bad.

@Cassnu: I misunderstood what you were trying to say ... :-) ... no doubt "white people" (no racism intended!!) want to go a deep brown. As an asian, I used to want that in my youth but now I just get more freckles ... not nice! So I slather on SPF and like TM, have accepted the fact I'm pale.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,430 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spray Tan

Thank chaps, glad I caused amusement!

Yes I did look strange, even Mr Mitch (not one for sympathy) felt sorry for me!!

So now, after a 3 week holiday when folks say "hey you're not very brown" I just smile and think well I am for me! Pass the SPF 30!

Plus stripes and wrinkles just don't look good!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spray Tan

That very interesting thread , then!

I would rather to say, I'm Malaysian and I don't give a clue why us Malaysian scared to get dark...somewhat I have to respect everyone perspective..

I came in fairly skin color, mostly traveling to my favorite island's...always get a bronze color..so I'm happy with my skin color now...I doesn't need spray tan or to be white skin..fair enough:)