We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Hi, my husband & I will be in KL next week. We will arr via Subang so we're taking taxi to hotel. For the flight home, we planned to take the monorail Bukit Nanas to KL Sentral then the Skybus to LCCT.

Just want to know if the monorail at KL Sentral is within the same bldg as the Skybus. Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

<<monorail KL Sentral is within the same bldg as the Skybus. >>

No, these are two different buildings, not connected via AC passage, if that`s what you are asking for. 300m apart from each other.

wikimapia.org/…20KL

Edited: 31 March 2011, 13:10
hawaii
Level Contributor
565 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

yes the prior post is correct but also note that when you exit the monorail station you need to cross the street and walk around to an ongoing construction project to get to KL central building.The skybus picks up right there on the street level.

9 MYR for one ticket and we paid at the bus.

good luck--if any problems just ask--the local people were very helpful and nice and most spoke good english!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Why not just take a bus back to singapore.

Get from monorail to KL Sentral (30min with waiting time)

Get from KL Sentral to LCCT via bus (90min)

Checkin before flight (90min)

flight (60min)

Total = 270min = 4.5 hours, you will be in JB by bus already.

That is provided your hotel is near a departing bus station of course...

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Thanks all. I saw the construction site...bummer. We will just take a cab to LCCT then.

Yeah Maic..it seems faster by bus huh. But we've bought our airtickets (S$13 each) earlier. Looks like my cab fare to LCCT cost more..ha ha ha.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

If you still want to take public transportation to KL Sentral, instead of the monorail at Bukit Nanas, you can also take the LRT from Dang Wangi. The LRT goes into the same building at KL Sentral where the Skybus is.

But if cost is not an issue, just take the taxi straight to LCCT as suggested.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Thanks Jadamros...I'll check it out.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Hi, is Corus Hotel near to KL Sentral Station?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

KL Sentral is the integrated train terminal which is located 7km away from the city centre of Kuala Lumpur. Corus Hotel is located in the city centre, hence it is not near to KL Sentral. You really need to be looking at a map.

To get to Corus Hotel, you can take the Light Rail Transit ("LRT") from KL Sentral to KLCC LRT station.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

Thank for ur reply....As tis is my first time travelling by public. The Coach bus which am taking will only alight at Corus Hotel and i will be gg to Genting Highland, i have to take the bus from KL Sentral Station. So its a bit inconvenience to travel with luggage.........

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: KL Sentral Terminal Bldg

As mentioned before you can take the LRT. The station is in a building called Avenue K which is located just two buildings away from Corus Hotel. The LRT station is called "KLCC" and located in the basement of Avenue K.

Alternatively if you have a lot of luggage, you can take a taxi to KL Sentral.