We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's at night??

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's at night??

before I begin I wanted to say I have searched the forums but found no definite answer to my question. This is not my first visit to KL.

background: 4 adults. arriving LCCT Tuesday afternoon at 3pm. departing LCCT 8:30am the next day. travelling with a couple who have never been to KL. think we might take them to Bukit Bintang for the night before checking into Tune LCCT.

Just wondering if there will be issues getting a taxi back to Tune later at night (say 10-11pm??). what sort of cost would we be looking at? i had heard that there is a surcharge for taxis to airport though we didnt have trouble last time we flew out? i assume we should just look for a standard metered taxi?

When we arrive we plan on checking into our motel then heading into the city. Should we walk back to the airport to get a pre-paid taxi voucher to the city? or make our way to the train? 4 people makes the split cost of a taxi lower??

thanks in advance!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's at night??

Arrive at 3pm...check out and clear custom by 4pm....check into hotel, put down your bags, change of clothes....out by 5pm. You are right in the middle of the rush hour in town.

Get a pre-paid taxi voucher, dont know where you want it to stop but i suppose it would be in Bukit Bintang area. You can buy the voucher to drop you off at Park Royal Hotel or JW Marriot. That would put you right in the tourist center of the town.

Shop around, you can have a late dinner or supper in Jalan Alor cos the malls close by 10pm but Jalan Alor dont.

The journey back to LCCT Tune Hotel, you can either hail a taxi on the street or call 012 2922702 Mr. Chow. There are other honest taxi driver around...search this forum for it. Compare the prices and then decide.

You may need at least a prepaid local SIM with you so that he can get in touch with you. You can get a local SIM pack for as low as RM10 at LCCT itself. Dont need to top up any value since you would just be using it for a few hour. Make your arrangement with him...where to meet, what time, how much, etc.

2. Re: Taxi's at night??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 13:16