We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Hi

Hopeing to get a flight to Malaysia in Nov for approx 3 weeks.

Dont think I could cope if it was too humid.

Also where would you advise to fly into with a view to moving arround

Thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,157 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Hi

Yes there will be humidity, but it is not worse than a hot humid UK summer . . . in fact it is easier as shops, cars, hotels, restaurants, malls etc have air conditioning, usually turned up to cold!!

As long as you plan your trips out, drink plenty of water, sit down and not over do it humidity is not that difficult.

Where you planning to spend 3 weeks in Kuala Lumpur? Gosh, that would be really really boring. So, certainly, stay in Kuala Lumpur for 2-5 days, then move on. Did you want to spend your time soley in Malaysia or travel about more. Where to is reallly up to you and dependant on what you want to do in your holiday, who is travelling, your bugets etc etc.

In the Malaysian forums look in the left hand panel of the page and check out the ‘travel guide’ / ‘inside guides’ and ‘things to do’ which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to do as well as other information, and ‘……………..hotels’ where you look at the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc, but you can sort by budget as well as read recent reviews,

<---------------------------

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

Also read JBR / just back reports / trip reports etc or search and read some of the questions already posted in this forum. Lots of really useful information about already posted.

There are some really useful information and brochures from the Tourism Malaysian about many places in Malaysia, have a read and see what appeals:

www.tourism.gov.my/corporate/trade.asp…

Or have a look at Trip Advisors sister website, Virtual Tourist

virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Trav…

See what appeals to you, your time schedule and your budgets, as at the moment your question is almost too big to answer.

Don't be tempted to do too much. Whilst there is a great flight / bus network around SE Asia the more you do the more time you will spend travelling. Some places can take the best part of a day to get too, and if you pick the wrong destinations you can lose 4 days travelling to 4 places. Again flights and buses are cheap when travelling around SE Asia, but if you travel to too many places the costs soon rake up. By the time you add taxis, ferries etc, you have wasted a great deal of time and money trying to explore as much as possible.

When you have a bit more of plan post another specific question, everyone will all be happy to help fill in the blanks and answer your more specific questions.

For 3 weeks, we normally spend 3-5 days in KL, then head to 2-3 other places before coming back to KL for a couple of days before flying home!

Have fun and happy planning!!

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Humidity is the measure of moisture content in the air (not temperature). In Malaysia, as the climate is uniform throughout the year, it doesn't really make a difference which month of the year you come. The daily maximum humidity is consistently in the middle 90's throughout the year.

In comparison, the averarage relative morning humidity in Edinburgh is in the high eighties.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
840 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

It's humid all the time in Malaysia :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Actually, compared to places like Singapore or Phuket, which is surrounded by ocean, KL is not that humid.

I constantly feel hot and sticky in Singapore and Phuket. Much less so here.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Its not just the humidity its a combination of the heat as well.

If your not used to it and have maybe not visited anywhere which has weather like that, you may find it a struggle at first and be a sweaty mess after 10 mins of walking outside, but you will adjust to it.

To jchong 'It's humid all the time in Malaysia :)' that made me smile!

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Mitch, I wish we did have hot humid summers!!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

We have travelled to Kuala Lumpur in early November and found it very humid - i worried about this so much before we arrived but it really was not that bad. As per previous posts you just need to drink lots of water and not rush around! Also there is air con in the malls etc so its fine and nothing to worry about.

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

Youll be a giant sweaty mess just like all us tourists LOL - just accept it and bring a sweat rag out with you.

Dont be tempted to put on after sun untill you go to bed or it will block your pores and youll pour with sweat.

Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

If 90% humidity most the time all year round is not humid, I do not know what would? I migrated from Malaysia after 20+ years of upbringing there and even now when I return to Malaysia, I would never survive the heat and humidity if I did not have an air-cond room to sleep overnight in or have shopping complex or restaurants (which are almost always air-conditioned) that I can always run into to COOL down.

Other than this humidity I and many of my western friends love the very friendly mix culture atmosphere that is unique to Malaysia ... and the shopping and local food, it is worth the flight from Canada.

10. Re: Will it be humid in Nov into early Dec ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 20:16