We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi To Batu Caves

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi To Batu Caves

We would like to visit Batu caves while in KL, approx how much would a taxi be as I understand its quite close and there is no need to get an organised tour?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,423 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

Hi

You can do one better and get the train there, even cheaper!!

Taxi will cost around 50myr return trip, but the train to Batu Caves station - it is a couple of stations above sentrul (which has been extended since this map was devised)

malaysiaexpat.com/resources/…transit_map.pdf

Have fun!

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

Thanks, Ive found this map with the extension of the line on …wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/KJ_SP_AG_MR…

Daft question but is it safe what are the trains like, Ive been reading a lot of stories about tourists being mugged, pickpocketed, ripped off

Would it be worth getting a 48 hour transport ticket while in KL and see the sights by public transport or would it be better getting one of the hopon/off tours.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

I took a taxi to Batu Caves and took the train on return, I believe I paid 30MYR for the TAXI, the train ride was safe and I didn't notice anything abnormal. I also took the very last train from KLCC to Sentral at night and didn't have any trouble.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

We got the train to Batu Caves last week, sneaky how its not on many of the maps. Its perfectly safe dont worry

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

Yea, would have thought as it was completed last year they all would have updated thier maps

The train station is litterally right outside Batu caves gates isnt it - sure I saw a pic of it with the green monkey god in the background - If so thats great

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,160 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

Both official website maps show the Batu Caves station:

ktmkomuter.com.my/station_maps/…routemap.swf

http://www.myrapid.com.my/rail/routes

Third party websites normally are slow to update (in Malaysia at least).

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

Its more than that Jadamros, we found out about the train by accident, as we were walking through Central station because Batu Caves is the last stop so it was up on an information board. Went to ask the customer services person about times etc and she gave us and map and had to draw on the exenstion with a pen :)

8. Re: Taxi To Batu Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 11:16