We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

What visa do I need to bring my indonesian maid to malaysia. My maid has a singapore work permit. I was stopped at the Malaysian immigration and given final warning - she cannot enter malaysia anymore. We frequent JB often and all the time the maid is with us when we make the visit. When asked, the immigration could not give a resolution to our problem.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

doesn't she have a passport?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,107 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

I agree with Jadamoras. Did she have a passport and/or an appropriate Visa? You should have checked entry requirements before she tried to enter Malaysia.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

If she has a passport, there's no reason why she won't be allowed in. If she doesn't have a passport, how did you get her a SG work permit?

4. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 11:25
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

You did not explain why the immigration refused entry to your maid.

I suspect it has to do with the indonesian maid ban imposed by Jarkata.

The authorities might worry that your maid is here to work.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

As her employer its up to you know the relevant information to allow her to enter Malaysia and to have all the documents up to date.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

Yes, of course she has a valid passport. They just say that she cannot come to Malysia frequently. They suspect she might have other business in Malaysia. All the time we were with her when visiting Malaysia. We were told come in/out of the office 3 times while they discuss the issue among 8 immigration officers. They kept telling us its against the law. However, when asked they cannot specifically say which law. We have 2 kids and of course we need the maid to come with us. She was never alone visiting Malaysia, because we keep her passport with us.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

Hiyah

You forget to slip a sing$10 inside you maid passport?(as convenience money for easy process)

Cheers

Edited: 11 May 2011, 03:45
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

It did cross my mind after we left the office. But again how to slip in the 'kopi' money when there were 8 of them. Also can they guarantee that my maid will not be stopped again later. Aiyah..headache-lah. Tried to go proper channel..went to indonesian embassy..they said there is no problem with my maid passport or visa, she should be able to go in/out as long as she don't overstay. Go Malaysian immigration..we go from one floor to another...end of the day, still cannot come out with resolution. I don't think I am the ONLY person with this problem..

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: indonesian maid visa for entry to malaysia

Ahah

This short cut is less trouble some than going to the embassy

Good meat,>>>>there were 8 of them.

next trip ,slip RM10/inside each maid passport to save lah(You are inside Malaysian territory)

Cheer