We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

Hello TA friends,

My wife and I will be visiting this beautiful city in Oct for couple of days. Actually we are taking a stoppage in KL before continuing our further journey to India. We would like to explore the best of KL in these 2 days (we know 2 days are too short but we want to make most of that) . We will be arriving around 5am (1st Oct) at KL International Airport and have our next connecting flight at 7pm (2nd Oct) So ideally we have 1.5 days for sightseeing.

Looking at this timelimit

1. I think hotels in Bukit Bintang are much better option ?

Please share your thoughts.

2. I found a hotel "My Hotel @ bukit bintang " which is offering 38AUD/night but from reviews it seems though its at the good location but unpredictable attitude from staff and No hot water in the morning.

3. Since we are just taking the hotel to sleep in night we do not want to spend more. Just something decent hotel. How much would you pay ? Any specific hotel recommendation ?

4. Will we need to book hotel for full 2days (i.e 2nights)?

As ideally we will be in KL for just 1.5days? What you suggest ?

Thanks,

James and Jenny

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

The weather at Malaysia is so hot and humid.

Hot water for shower is not a must early in the morning,make you sweat after a hot bath.

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,527 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

At your budget level, you are really at the bottom of the barrel, so you will be compromising on something. You cannot expect to get great service, nice beds, clean sheets, great location, great housekeeping, best condition fittings, sparking bathrooms..etc with a super budget price.

Myhotel Bukit Bintang should be very new, so at least most of the stuff are new. You have to decide what sort of compromise you can take at that price level. A night at the LeMeridien is RM400 for comparison purposes.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,774 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

Hi

Bukit Bintang is a popular place to stay, can't say if it's the best for you, as best is a very personal thing

Agree with Maic whilst being in a budget hotel does not negate the need for the basics, remember it is a budget hotel so don't go expecting a 3* (or higher) hotel. It is what it is, a bed for the night.

How much you pay is really your shout. How much do you want to pay. If you want something 'decent' then aim for a 4*. The Park Royal is popular as is Royal Bintang, Melia and similar 4* hotels on or around Bukit Bintang. If you check out Kuala Lumpur Hotels <--- you can sort by budget and read reviews to see what best suits you.

As you are landing at 5am, by the time you get to the city it will be around 7am, if you want to gurantee the room is available when you get there, then yes you will need to book an additional night. Especially if you are aiming at the budget end of the hotel scale they will want to maximise their $$ during your stay! You will be expected to vacate your room around 12lunch time on your last day, however most hotels will hold your bags for you until you need to leave for the airport around 3-4pm.

Have fun.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

A AUD38/night hotel has reviews? wonderful..as with reviews..am sure there are good ones also.

Hmm.Hotel Sentral--RM130++ with breakfast

australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

Hi, James/Jenny,

I posted some info for a good bargain of a newly opened hotel at Bukit Bintang, K.L. , called Furama Bukit Bintang Hotel (4 stars). We will stay too in Oct.11. The pre-opening offer is only RM230.00 (A$70.00) per room per night for 2 plus 2 buffet breakfast. You can book with Agoda or Asitravel.com. Cheers.

6. Re: Help needed in deciding hotel/location.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 13:16