We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Hi, I noticed that while we have a FAQ for drivers with positive feedback, its hard for visitors to find their contacts.

DEs and customers with their contacts please post here, and I'll add it to the FAQ for drivers with positive feedback.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
456 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

I have been asked to put details of the driver I have used to go from the city to the airport on four occasions. He is a chatty young man with a young family, he is always on time and most importantly a safe steady driver I usually allow one and quarter hours to get to airport. His prices are 80RM for night time rate and 120RM for a 4am drive. He can be contacted through CK wife, Susan, on jqsk2004@yahoo.com,. I usually email her before leaving Australia for our return trip so it is all organised but you can contact her the day before and she still arranges it. Hope this helps someone

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
15 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

The driver who some people referred to as 'Muray' is actually 'Murali'.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Sorry...I was a bit caught up with work...and forgot about the post... :(

Ok, about how I met the driver, it was purely accidental. I just took a taxi from Thean Hou buddhist temple. Our plan was to get down at KL central, and we were pleasantly surprised when he put on the meter for the ride. :)

But the driver advised us against it, as we had a long day in front of us. We had plans of covering Shah Alam, and then going to Selanggor for firefly tour. He told it will be difficult to cover both using public transport, and asked us if we wanted to take his taxi. He never compelled us to take the taxi, though.

However, we decided to take the taxi and go. He was a nice guy, talked about the culture, people there, gave some details of the places we were going. He also recommended to take the eagle trip in Selanggor. While taking eagle trip, he suggested the boat driver to go further, till we can get a somewhat clearer view of Malacca Strait and i can go on and on and on... .:)

All together, he was a really nice guy, spoke good English, put meter on for short ride.

The Shah Alam - Selanggor trip costed us 250 MYR.

The details are :

Name : Steven

Phone number : 019-2236944

His e-mail id : trinity.sekhar@gmail.com

Edited: 06 July 2012, 04:04
Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

We used Anuar, best ever full day trip to Batau Caves, Deer Park, elephants fireflies lunch and supper included for full day 120 US...they charge that for a trip to the elehants

Anuar was wonderful, could not ask for more

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
90 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

hi everyone. i travel to KL often enough and I always call up Mr. Rajesh who has not a van or a luxury car but a regular Proton taxi. He is not an airport taxi as he cannot pick you up at the airport but he can drop you off and he can do tours around or out of KL. His rates are standard for the car he drives but at least you would have a good person driving you around who speaks very good English. He is quite informative and would be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have. As I stumble upon this thread, i thought it would benefit him and the TV community to also have him on this thread. His number is: +6 016 6061061. Mr. Rajesh Kumar.

66. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2012, 12:16
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Just got back from KL and used Taufik twice after reading a few recommendations in here.

Batu Caves/Elephant Sanctuary and Putrajaya/Airport trips both at very reasonable rates

Really nice guy with good English and very informative in his relaxed, honest and unassuming manner.

He definitely gets our recommendation for what it's worth.

guaservices@gmail.com

Colin

Edited: 07 August 2012, 17:21
Oman
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Gopi is good.

I had booked him before we arrived in KL and on arrival confirmed the booking.

He arrived punctually. The rates he quoted were less than half what another operator on this forum had quoted via PM.

He was helpful and considerate. He suggested we do the Eagle feeding trip since we had time on our hands and helped to fix up a boat. He even came along with us since it was just me and the kid on the trip.

He helped us order food once we got back from the Eagle trip and even took the kid (son) to the bathroom.

The next day we left for temam negara and he texted us to ask if we were doing fine.

Highly recommend him. Thanks to this thread when I found information about him.

warks
12 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the recommended drivers Gopi and CK are still working? It's been a while since there was anything on this thread. We will be going to KL from 6th Sept to 9th Sept and was wondering about booking a driver to do the firefly trip

warks
12 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Driver with positive feedback - Contacts

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong end of the thread! Have emailed a couple

Edited: 27 August 2012, 08:46