We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices KL

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
144 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices KL

Hello

Just wondered if anyone had an idea of taxi prices in KL

I need to get from airport to my hotel which is app. 80 kms or 1 hour drive

Dont want to get ripped off of course so I was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of what I should expect to pay ?

Thanks

Simon

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices KL

Why would you get ripped off since all it involves is buying a taxi voucher at the taxi counter at the airport.

Read FAQ Airport Transfers to the right of this page.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices KL

The search feature is a good start

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=7008&geo=298570&scope=2&q=taxi&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

as is the FAQ at the top right

FAQ Airport Transfers

Personally, I prefer the bus, 9myr to KL Sentral

More comfortable seating and very cold a/c

This thread has the relevant information

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k483…

Edited: 01 October 2011, 01:49
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices KL

hi dacaro,wouldn't the bus or train be awkward with luggage, we will be arriving at klia when we go and assumed the taxi voucher would be the way to go, so go directly to hotel. any thoughts as our first time there-cheers

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices KL

The bus was no problem, wheel it out on trolley, baggage handler for bus company unloads and loads while you sit on air conditioned bus watching them sweat.

At other end, hop off bus and baggage is unloaded for you, select taxi and driver of taxi loads into cab for you.

Easy

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices KL

@alpha1960

Everybody has their own preference and travel-style. There are plenty of fans of the bus-taxi combo and the train-taxi combo here in the forums, or even bus-monorail or train-monorail options. They are all workable and have their pros and cons.

Me, i'm in the "just take a taxi from the airport direct to my destination" camp.

The pros are its simple and direct, no transfers to muck about with, and will probably (but not necessarily) take the least amount of time to get to your destination. The cons are its more expensive than the bus, or you may be unlucky enough to get a wannabe F-1 taxi-driver or a sleepyhead one.

And the end of the day is whichever way you are more comfortable with.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices KL

jadamros i wasn't being critical in any way,just asking how you get on with luggage so i hope it didn't come across that way.in fact bus or train may be better as have read about the f1 taxi drivers on some recent threads.all good

travel safe

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices KL

nope i didn't think you were being critical in any way. and neither was i. good luck with whichever method you chose and happy holidays :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi prices KL

I have used bus taxi most times going to KL , but last week used taxi coupon from airport as I found it quicker and not much more expensive as the taxi coupon counter is closed at KL sentral due to works at sentral, and all taxis are asking 30MYR for a trip to Bukit Bintang.

You can get around it by walking out of sentral and waving down a taxi

9. Re: Taxi prices KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:17