We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Hi all, i need your advise which hotel is good and with reasonable price for a family of 2 adults + 2 young kids.

I need t stay at a hotel which is within 500mtr or 1km walk to the Sungei Wang Area for shopping. I do not want to trap in the traffic jam in KL.

Other than Sungei Wang Plaza, which are the shopping center is good for shopping, I am not fancy on luxury stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Parkroyal hotel. It has rooms with two queen size beds. If I didn't rem wrongly, it's just opposite sungei wang.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

nickelly: try Berjaya Times Square hotel. If not mistaken, it sits on the 15th floor and above of the building. The lower floors at the shopping malls and the Indoor Theme Park where ur kids can enjoy.

They have apartment styled suits and rooms which should cater to your needs and more. There is an indoor bridge connecting the mall to the LRT thus you're protected from the rain or shine. Sungei Wang Plaza is just a 5-min walk away.

More info at www.berjayahotel.com/kualalumpur/rooms.asp

Enjoy your trip to Malaysia!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,933 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

What is your budget per room per night for this reasonably priced hotel?

Several around that area . .. Park Royal tends to be one of the more expensive ones, whilst the Royal Bintang or Melia tends to be cheaper options . . . .

Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Hi Leonbec,

thanks for your reply. I know Berjaya Time Square hotel but I heard it is quite bad condition now and the theme park is almost dying ??

Our idea is not to take any public transport, so we want to find a hotel which is very near to the shopping centre like sungei wang and Pavillion. So once we are tired, we can just walk within 5 minutes back to hotel and rest.

Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Hi Travelling,

my budget is about RM300-400 per night inclusive breakfast, and must have 4 single beds or 2 double beds.

I will check on Royal Bintang and Melia too.

Previously we stayed at Concord once. Not bad but hotel a bit old already and need to take public transport.

thanks !

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Parkroyal will be your choice. Bigger rooms, within your budget and comes with breakfast (but probably not for 4 pax).

Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

thanks Maic.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

Berjaya times would be newer. The other hotels are older. For those rates u can get five stars like marriot. Definiteky fancier.

gold coast
Level Contributor
64 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

I have stayed at park royal a couple of times its a good place and they have a kids pool! Time square has an amazing pool and kids playground and the theme park was still busy and looks just like new when I was there a couple of weeks ago! They have both adults section and a childrens section! They have a lot of shopping and the centre is good! Not far to walk to bb plaza and sungei wang less then five mins for me! Melia is across the road from time square...I haven't stayed here though!

In regards to public transport I know you said you don't want to use it but it is there if you need it.... the monorail is quick and easy to from sungei wang (connected to it) and down to time square (1 min ride and its connected to that too!) Good luck with your decision have a great trip!

Brisbane, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 stars hotels near Sungei Wang shopping area

We stay @ the grand millennium a hop step & a jump from SW. Booked with asia/rooms.