We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car at the airport of KL

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Magdebug/Germany
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a car at the airport of KL

Hello,

we will arrive in KL from Kota KInabalu. We want to rent a car. I found two stations: International airport KL and low cost terminal ? Which station will be better for us ?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

If you're just travelling around KL, I wouldn't bother with a car. Roads are difficult to navigate; lots of one-way streets and once you miss a turn, you're miles away from the U-turn. So unless you know KL very well, just stick with public transport.

Now if you want a car because you want to travel out of KL, I'd suggest you pick it up from KL airport or if you get one from within the city limits, get a GPS.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

Hi geograph

Agree with Jules.I have driven around Germany and the traffic moves in a fast but orderly manor.KL does not move in either of these ways.Taxis and public transport are cheap and efficient.I think the decision on where to hire from if you do still want to hire will depend if you fly into KLIA or LCCT.Have a great trip.

Sean

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

What airline are you flying to KL with?

Magdebug/Germany
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

thanks for the quick responses. we won't travelling around KL. We will arrive in the morning(at 10.25) from Kota Kinabalu, pick up the car and go to the Cameron Hills. We fly by Malaysian Airlinesand will arrive at terminal M. I think both stations (international airport and low cost terminal) are at the airport, but I'm not able to decide, which terminal is close-by our arrival terminal. It would be nice if you able to help me.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

Hi geograph

You will be arriving at the international airport(KLIA).So get your car from there and not the low cost terminal.

Sean

6. Re: Rent a car at the airport of KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 10:26