We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

I'll be in KL Feb 1-4. Can anyone recommend where I might purchase decent quality cashmere sweaters at a a fair price? Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Have never seen them here ... after all why would we ever need them when it NEVER gets below 23 deg C. Travel shops will have "pseudo sweaters" ... but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

As Jules says, its not an everyday item of clothing!

Places where folk actually wear cashmere are the best places to buy them. Having said that sometimes you can get jumpers in FOS and other outlet stores as end of runs, but your not going to get top quality cashmere.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Thanks for your replies. I am currently travelling with a favourite cashmere sweater which I bought a year ago at Stanley Market in Hong Kong. I realize that winter weather is cooler in Hong Kong than it is in tropical KL...but I thought that KL being such a shopping mecca, cashmere just might be sold there too. Ah well.....

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

You might find the odd ones in the malls but it's just not widely available. You might have better luck in China for it's the biggest exporter of cashmere. I bought a scarf for the wintry weather in Shanghai and it's been great. But to be frank, you'll have better deal back home.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Hi, actually there are..but as advised not in great abundance.

P.Lal at Jalan Gasing-PJ.

The others from shop selling winter wear are craps.

Uniqlo in Fahrenheit88 do have some sweater of Cashmere fibre..but on closer inspection..microns are not of highest quality to provide the cool feel and effective thermal insulation when required.

Yep, HK is a good place for this.

Oamaru, New Zealand
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Actually I have bought cashmere sweaters from Uniqlo when I lived in London and 6 years on and they are still great, and a really good price. I plan on buying some more when I am in KL in May. Their store is at

Lot C19,20,21, Concourse Level,

Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur.

We can't get Uniqlo in New Zealand so I buy my cashmere sweaters from there when I travel. Hope this helps :-)

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

The Uniqlo store in Farenheit88 Mall opposite Pavilion in Bukit is bigger than the one in Klcc.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 01:24
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Ask and you shall receive! Thanks everyone. I'll check out Uniqlo.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Hi smacdvanbc,

I had shopped around for sweaters in the department stores of KL (i.e. parkson etc...) and couldn't find any that were a good weight for our weather here. And definitely did not see any cashmere. (However, my husband and I did find some cheapcheapcheap thick Diesel hoodies and sweatshirts that we have worn through the winter here with a vest over top.) Good luck with Uniqlo. I've also added it to my list of places to check out in March.

(I remember there were 70% off sales at The Bay during the holiday season for cashmere sweaters. So if you can't find any in KL, you could always check the Bay when you're back in Van. Or there's always the outlets down in Tulalip if you are very keen on finding a good price on cashmere...)

Leoman9: Do you recall how much cashmere sweaters at Uniqlo were selling for?

Cheers!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping for Cashmere Sweaters

Side note: not sure how "big" you are but sizes here tend to be small .... even foreign stores like Gap and Banana Republic carry a US 12 (women's) as its biggest size.