We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Dear Fellow travelers, I am traveling to Kuala lumpur-langkawi-singapore in march 2012 need suggestions on the following:

1. Decent places to eat and average cost of a good meal in this part of the world.

2. places to shop in kul as i know singapore is damn expensive, if there is any good place to shop in singapore please suggest

3.Things to do in langkawi apart from island tour.Is scuba diving worth it?? whats the average cost?

thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Hi Sam_George,

Let's see if I can help you further.

1. it all depends on your taste and budget. in KL you can dine for USD 100 per person, but if you like the street food and are a bit more adventurous you could spend as little as USD 2 per meal.

2. there are many places to shop in KL it all depends on what you're looking for. SG can be very affordable too when it comes to shopping, it all depends on what you're looking for.

3. Sailing is fun I think, but have a look at the attractions in langkawi on this page.

Have fun in Malaysia!

Pauline

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Hey thanks Pauline for the info.

Food, is something i would be looking for regular meals not really fine dining. Would look for Indian food as well. I am game for street food provided where to eat it from and if its hygienic enough.

Whats the cost for scuba diving and water sports activities in langkawi is it over priced just because its a prime tourist destination?

I would be looking for usual shopping stuff u know..as im married.. :-D like hand bags...shoes/sneakers..sun glasses..watches may be...would u have an idea about prices of electronics/ gadgets....?

Thanks,

Sam.

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Hi - your best bet re Langkawi prices and activities would be to post the questions on the Langkawi forum not the KL forum.

Langkawi is not overpriced but in terms of food, you wont have the selection you will find in KL or Penang. Its not exactly known as a food paradise.

Do your shopping in KL as you will have much more options there. Having said that, KL is not exactly cheap either. If you are looking for global or luxury brands, you will be better off buying them elsewhere - for example high end luxury branded hand bags more expensive in KL.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

Bukit Bintang is a great place in KL for shopping, You have so many choices, Pavilion, Farenheit, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, Sungei Wang, Berjaya Times Square etc. In Bukit Bintang you have the high end designer shops like Louis Vuitton but also market type stalls. Also the Suria KLCC in the City Centre is a nice place to shop with good eating places.

5. Re: travelling to singapore, malaysia in March 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:37