We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

Hello, If i would like to go for a drink & to see the sights from the Sky Bar do i have to book a table ?? If i do have to book how do i specify the best tables ?? Im staying at the Shangri La how far away is the sky bar ????

Thanks Kim

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

Hi

Myself and wife were at the SkyBar last week - and we booked a few days ahead.

Since you are already in KL, you can just call them and ask for a "cabana with twin towers view". They keep the reservation for 15 minutes after the appointed time. Since sunset is around 730pm - I suggest you book a table for 7pm - or earlier.

When the sun sets and lights of all buildiongs come on slowly - the view is pure magic !

In terms of distance - it is probably a 15min walk from your hotel. Maybe you can even walk up to the Suria mall and take the free Traders Hotel buggy ride.

NOTE - the Traders Hotel where the SkyBar is located is also part of the Shangrila Group - so I guess you can arrange the booking through your hotel itself.

Have a great time !

Australia
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

Worth it, amazing view!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
277 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

We did this a few weeks ago, yes book ahead ask for a cabana view get there around seven and watch the towers light up as it gets darker enjoy a few drinks and tapas great night a bit expensive but so worth the views are amazing

Enjoy

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

What is a cabana?

Do they rent them out to solo travellers too? I am in KL on my own, but by the sounds of it, the cabanas on SkyBar is something I want to experience!

mcn
bury st edmunds
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

its a circle of seats near the pool. you will be fine by yourself.

6. Re: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 10:21