We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garden

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Garden

Hi guys

We plan to spend half a day at the lake gardens, bird park and orchid park. However I was wondering as we would be there for a good few hours, whether there are any toilets and any places to get food from that area??

Any suggestions are appreciated

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garden

Hi mandw

When we were walking around the Lake Gardens,there was a building that looked like Tea Rooms or similiar. There are toilets scattered around as well as The Planaterium and Museum. Also can recommend hiring a segway as a good way to get around the Lake Gardens.Have fun.

Sean

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
482 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garden

yes in answer to both questions and although you have to pay a small charge for use of the loos at lake gardens they're spotless so well worth it. :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Garden

How much does it cost to hire a segway? Where would you get one from?

Thank you so much for your help.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Garden

Hi Greenjoy

Google SegwayKL for more information. You hire them from near the Museum at the Lake Garden The cost was around 30 Aus if I can remember and the tour lasts for an hour as well they teach you the moves beforehand. If you cant find the Segway men you will see a man with a python and colourful birds for photo opportunity and the Segway men will be nearby or just ask the snake man. It is lots of fun and enjoy KL.

Sean

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Garden

It now costs more. Cant remember if they told me or I read about it. Have emailed the person concerned and hopefully they will get back to you with the details shortly.

Look for a post from MBMPerth. They just did it a few weeks ago.

Cheers. Danuta.

Perth
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Garden

As Danuta said, we just did the Lake Gardens Segway tour on 11th April with our 2 kids (10 & 12yrs). The lake gardens are beautiful and the segway was so much fun. Maybe it was a quiet day for the operators, because our 1 hour tour actually took much longer than that. They stop at various sites and you get off, and have time to look around (which means you are not actually riding constantly for the full hour) We did stop at some tearooms for an icecream. We didnt use them, but there were definitely toilets there, and there was a small charge.

Cost is currently RM149 for the hour tour, and we felt it was well worth it. The kids absolutely loved the segway, and my husband and I really enjoyed it as well. The training beforehand was good....our guide made sure we were all comfortable operating them before we set off....he tested us going up and down a slope, made sure we could stop,start and turn going up and down the slope, and let us practice turning etc on the flat as well.

I booked and paid for the tour online, and received a prompt confirmation email. We met our guide at the Tourism kiosk by the National Museum. They provide helmets for your safety. Our son went on a Segway in Penang, and was provided with elbow and knee pads as well....but these were NOT provided on the Lake Tour in KL. I certainly dont think they are necessary though.

Check the website for more info and booking...or get back to me if I can help further.

http://segkl.com/

Cheers!

Maree

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Garden

we also loved the segway tour - it is a perfect way to see lake Gardens - we did it on the 13th April, husband, son (12) and myself (49) and can't recommend it highly enough, so much fun

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Garden

It certainly sounds like fun! Do you know what happens when there is a 4.5year old with you? Do they stand on one of the adults ones?

Thanks heaps for all the detailed info!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Garden

Hi Greenjoy

When we were there we had our 5 year old and we told a little white lie and said our son was 6 as he is a tall boy. I think they would probably not let the 4.5 year old on as they would worry about them falling off. It is a lot of fun but my son fell off a couple of times and also ran over my foot,ouch.You could email them and see if they would let you carry the little one on your segway.

Sean

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Garden

Thank you for your advice Sean.

I will contact the company and see what they say.

Thanks again for your help!