We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liquor....

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
liquor....

Hello all,

I am from Malaysia and I travel to new York for 3 weeks and currently in Dublin for 5 weeks.its a business trip.

However,I am confused on how many bottle of liquor I can bring to Malaysia wen I m back as my colleagues here wana buy beers for my frenz in kl...

Wil I be charged penalty or anything else.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: liquor....

Duty free exemption: Wine, spirits or malt liquor not exceeding 1 litre per person.

Goods exceeding the duty exemption stated will be required to pay the full duty on the excess goods at the rate of 30% of the value.

- taken from Customs website -

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,705 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: liquor....

Hi!

1 litre total, thats it, no more! so that is 1 bottle if 1 litre, 2 bottles if 500ml etc.

your friends (what are frenz) will have to go without unless you want to be arrested by customs!!

www.klia.com.my/index.php…

As a malaysian you realise how important pleases and thank yous are!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: liquor....

As a Malaysian, i think you should know how to "smooth things out" with the customs as well right?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,055 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: liquor....

MK K

are you suggesting that people break the law?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: liquor....

Hi,

1) Malaysian do not "smooth things out"

2)You can only get ONE bottle only of not exceeding 1 litre.

you cannot have 2 bottles of 500c.c.

Anything more than that will subject to custom tax payable on the spot and not arrested .

6. Re: liquor....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 16:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: liquor....

@ bigW: I think what MK K means is that as locals or KL expats, we should know how to handle customs. And it's said with a * wink wink *

8. Re: liquor....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:15