We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HSBC atm available?

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
HSBC atm available?

Hello nice people,

I am planning to come to KL in June and would like to plan the amount of cash that I will need to bring with me to the country. I have an HSBC account at home and I can use HSBC ATM's if available with no charge. Are they available in tourist areas such as Bukit Bentang, KLCC, Airport ..etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

God Bless.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
825 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HSBC atm available?

HSBC does have a presence in Malaysia but its network of ATM's isn't extensive.

That said there are HSBC ATMs in the Bukit Bintang area. You can check their website for locations around KL: …hsbc.com/1/2/myh2/absl/absl-en…

Australia
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HSBC atm available?

Hi

You would probably need to check with HSBC in your home country whether there are any overseas charges associated with foreign HSBC transactions.

For me, I get charged a fee whenever I use any overseas ATM with my HSBC card. However with my Citibank card, I can withdraw with no charges at any Citibank ATM internationally.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,699 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HSBC atm available?

no HSBC ATM at the airport but there is one at KLSentral, though at the other side of the station for local trains(not where you get off the airport train)

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HSBC atm available?

Excellent.... Thanks.

According to the map, they have one in Suria KLCC, which is great.

To Shazam: I did confirm that I can use foreign HSBC ATM's with no extra charge. I did use it all over the world.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HSBC atm available?

HSBC ATM networks are limited but you can opt to use other bank's ATM but with charges .

Your sole purpose to travel by any mean to the dedicated HSBC ATM to save bank charges is not cheap too and time consuming also.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HSBC atm available?

Hi NATtheMAN, yep, there is an ATM in KLCC,and more so in Bukit BIntang, which you enquired. There is a HSBC branch within the building of Menara Genesis, which is the block of building,after a row of shophouses on your right,if you are standing with your back facing main entrance of Lot10 shopping mall.

Well, there is a reason it is known as the World's Local Bank.

No overseas charges when withdrawing from ATM,and if you are their Premier account holder,special rate for exchanging currency.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
449 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HSBC atm available?

There is also an habc atm inside farrenheit 88 which is opposite Pavillion.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HSBC atm available?

Thanks to all for their help.

I will be staying in Mandarin Oriental for 9 days or so, and then transfer to Bukit Bentang for a few more days. Both locations are relevant and the information is helpful.

Much obliged.

Edited: 05 May 2012, 09:47
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HSBC atm available?

Strange what people do - don't forget that you may end up wasting an hour to save a few dollars and hardly worth it or spend more on taxis than ATM fees. Just enjoy your hol or if British get a metrobank account as free withdrawals at any ATM

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HSBC atm available?

Nemo .. I do not understand your comment.

I asked for some information and people were kind enough to supply it.

I will be in MO, there is an HSBC ATM in KLCC, I will walk across and use the ATM.

Why would I need a Taxi from MO to KLCC?