We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kl must have

Bayern
Level Contributor
84 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
Kl must have

Hi, we will be in KL next week on Sunday for just one day in Shangri la Hotel. What do you suggest do see? (on Monday we will visit Batu Caves and Kepong)

So what do you suggest to see on Sunday? Petrona Towers, Butterfly Park, the old market.. what else? Ok to use cab or better to use train, bus?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kl must have

Must have is a very personal thing. What are your interests? How many in your party? What are their interests? what type of traveller are you, adventurous? shopper? clubber?

I would say a visit to the iconic Twin Towers would be a must, and its a short walk from your hotel. Some prefer a night visit to see it lit up, some prefer day time.

A visit to Lunar Bar behind the Shangri-La for drinks would also be a good idea. It is a roof top bar with great views of the towers, located at Menara Pan Global and you might need to reserve a seat for good views.

If you are into street food, a visit to the hawkers located at Jalan Alor would be a good bet. If you are worried about Hygiene, then head to the Lot 10 Mall basement called Lot 10 Hutong instead. It has branch stalls of famous malaysia hawkers but served in a mall environment. You lose the street atmosphere but you still get to taste the food.

If you have kids with you, there is a indoor theme park at Berjaya Times Square. Not fantastic, but should be fun for an hour or two.

If you want to visit street markets, then Petaling Street is the usual place people go, open in the evening.

So whats your poison?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kl must have

Guten Tag DanielJ, for the Sunday, well of course the iconic Twin Towers which you can walk it from Shangri-La hotel- look for Beach Club(Jalan P.Ramlee),and follow this road to approach Twin Towers, stroll in KLCC park.

Then taking the LRT from the KLCC LRT station, go to Pasar Seni for Petaling Street/ChinaTown and Central Market; then take a taxi to Lake Gardens- experience exploring Lake Gardens on segway- the butterfly park, bird park and also orchid garden are nearby.

Bayern
Level Contributor
84 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kl must have

thanks a lot, sounds good on me. We dont have kids with us and we dont want to do great shopping.. Party is only necessary on our first night to see the Champions league final, no idea where to see that.

Twin towers is a MUST, but i heard no chance to get on the top, except you will be there in the early morning..? Butterfly Park is also a must for my girlfriend and the famous market (i think this is better in the evening, right?)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kl must have

It is not necessary to go to the skybridge at the twin towers.

If you want a birds eye view of the city you can go to Menara KL behind your hotel. There is hardly a queue.

Bayern
Level Contributor
84 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kl must have

looks good, let us do it.. thanks ;-)

For the final nobody has special suggestions?

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,240 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kl must have

Gruss gott.......Go along to Changkat Bukit Bintang, there are plenty of bars that will have the footie on, from small TVs to large screens. All the bars will have a different atmosphere.

My German/English friends and myself all watched the World Cup match (Eng-Ger) in Sutras which was our 'local' and had a good night of celebration/commiserations, which we were asked to leave the last bar over the road around 4.45am........

Less than 3 weeks I shall be back in my 2nd home (I wish) of Munchen, so you can guess who I will be supporting!!!!!!

Bayern
Level Contributor
84 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kl must have

thansk a lot, i will try to go there.. but anyway as i hate Munich i need to buy a cheap Chelsea jersey to support the english team ;-)

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,240 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kl must have

...funny :)))))!!!

You will be able to get 'replica' shirts in KL, cheap and cheerful, have a look just outside Sungai Wang Plaza, beside the metro stop (MRT) Bukit Bintang stairs always plenty there, but lots of other places as well, night market etc.

Have a great night..and may the best team win!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kl must have

Hi, you are into KL on May 20, champions league is on 19 May, you must come into KL by 2:45am on Sun to watch kick off then??

Bayern
Level Contributor
84 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kl must have

i´m in KL from next Monday on ;-) but first business and then vacation from Sunday on.. so i will be there at 2.45am on Sunday to watch the game.. thanks anyway ;-)