We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL City Walk

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,328 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
KL City Walk

Warning; The KL City Walk site appears to have a virus threat included. My virus protection keeps giving a threat warning and will not open the site.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,393 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL City Walk

Hi

Thanks for the heads up Jacks!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL City Walk

Yeah its malware and hopefully the site will resolve this soon - not good enough really for an official site.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL City Walk

Have just 'done' the KL city walk and have to say it proved to be one of the least inspiring experiences of anywhere I have been to in KL in around ten visits!

A few insights..

Its takes about 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

Its sandwiched between high rise office blocks and hotels, with a narrow pedestrian area as the walkway - and on one side there is alot of ongoing construction work which is very noisy.

Many units were vacant or closed.

Those that were not vacant, appear to cater mainly for office workers with Mon-Fri opening times.

Some units appeared to be abandoned, with tables and chairs thick with dust.

The cafe (Viva Mocha) which i had heard good things about, is not there anymore.

The fews units that were occupied - some eating places, couple of clothes stores, only had a handful of customers.

The tourist info office at one end was closed (Saturday 3pm - go figure!)

We left with a feeling of being completely underwhelmed. To sum it up, a quote from a favourite movie sprung to mind 'Nothing to see here, move along'

Nice idea, shame about the (lack of) implementation.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
449 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL City Walk

Cheers for the info, Edinburgh..

But all in all, don't you think it serves as a better option for those who want to go to KLCC on foot?

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,860 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL City Walk

The option for reaching KLCC on foot is not the KL City Walk - that is different.

That would be the aircon elevated walkway between Pavilion and KLCC.

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,860 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
449 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KL City Walk

Oh my bad!

So what is this KL City Walk? Where are the entrances?

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KL City Walk

It is easy you access through the shopping centre it leads you to KLCC near the aquarium quite a pleasant way to get around I also found monorail as easy option to meet with the various lines of trains etc. most only challenge walking for middle of the day it got very hot ( and I usually walk everywhere)

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,860 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KL City Walk

It is easy you access through the shopping centre it leads you to KLCC near the aquarium quite a pleasant way to get around I also found monorail as easy option to meet with the various lines of trains etc. most only challenge walking for middle of the day it got very hot ( and I usually walk everywhere)

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,860 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,393 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KL City Walk

to be honest when we are in KL we walk and use the monorail - you see so much more. We get a map (well if needed) and just head off! Great fun!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: KL City Walk

@AFineFrenzy

The KL city walk is pretty much as I've described above - meant to be full of small shops, eateries etc. but its very quiet with many empty shop units - really not worth venturing to at the moment. Main entrance is at Jalan P. Ramlee.

I was initially very sceptical about the air con elevated walkway (a completely separate construction to the KL city walk) that runs between BB and KLCC.

However i think its fine when you want a break from the hottest part of the day, but still want to keep walking. The route it takes covers a fairly uninteresting area of streets, so there isn't much to miss out on anyway.

Mentioned in this post
KLCC Park
KLCC Park
10,860 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia