We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LCCT after midnight

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
LCCT after midnight

Hi,

I am arriving from Kolkata on 21st at 12.10 am via Air Asia at LCCT. I have a connecting flight to Singapore at 7.40 am.

As far as i have understood, since Air asia is a LCC, i have to clear customs., pass through immigration & re- check in again for my flight to Singapore. Right?

Also, will any food outlets be open at night at LCCT?

Is there anything worthwhile doing at LCCT from Midnight to 6 am?

Please advise

Thanks

Sandy

Florida
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: LCCT after midnight

Good luck. This is the worst airport on the planet, if that is what you call an old warehouse. Took us over an hour through immigration in a hot building. Once outside of baggage retrieval it's a total mob condition. Just make sure that you know exactly where you are going in the airport before you land. If not, you will be lost in the crowd with no one to assist you. A word to the wise is sufficient.

In all honesty, this "airport" will be replaced soon with a new one. However, that's not going to help you any.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LCCT after midnight

Yes, there are food outlets that open 24hrs in LCCT.

Which airline u booked for flight to SIN? Please confirm which terminal it flies from.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LCCT after midnight

Thanks Dave...Will keep this in mind..Even though its as worse as u say, it will not be able to beat some of the airports in India. But since I'm traveling with my granny will keep this in mind..

@ Awang - Im traveling via Air asia & its arriving at LCCT. Which are the outlets which are open 24 hours? Anything to do there?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LCCT after midnight

LCCT is not that bad ! My worst one is LAX. No food or bathrooms there unless you walk miles and no seats prior to check in. All of those necessities are available at LCCT.

Not sure that Starbucks is open all hours but that is where many travellers park themselves. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is my preference if they are open. Wifi there and if you get a seat beside the outside wall you can charge your gear if you have the Malaysian adaptor.

Archi

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LCCT after midnight

McD, Coffee Bean,Marry Brown,Kfc n many others open 24hrs. There is a premium lounge plaza where buffet food are served. U can even take a shower.

So the flight to Singspore is by Air Asia too? I m confused by yr esrlier statement

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LCCT after midnight

Yes you have to pass through the passport control/customs before you can check-in for your onward flight to Singapore.

Since you are travelling with your granny, it would be advisable to book a suitable block of time at the plaza premium lounge. They have a average buffet spread as well open all the time for its guests and some (comparatively) comfortable seating.

The other usual suspects are starbucks and coffee bean though starbucks at times closes at 12 and re-opens at 4.a.m when they claim to fumigate the premises.

Coffee bean has a limited number of comfy cushioned chairs that gets fast taken up as it gets past midnight.. All other seating areas inside the airport are inconvenient to camp out for a whole night, and probably not so safe too.

There is a 24 hours food court at the farthest end of the terminal though not all the stalls are open for the whole night.

Cheers :)

Nandu

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LCCT after midnight

LCCT is much better than it was a few years ago. Depending on your ticket arrangements with Air Asia there are a select number of flights now that you can get "transitted" through, although I think from memory these are only if you have purchased the tickets as a connecting flight.

Air Asia is really almost THE only client of LCCT, and there are thankfully a few food outlets now that provide you somewhere to sit and have a snack while waiting for the next flight.

It is not too difficult to navigate, basically you walk off the plane, up some stairs (there is an escalator), go throuh Immigration - now this is where you can spend some time, but fingers crossed at that time of night you shouldn't have any problems (we arrived around midnight and sailed through in 5 mins); sometimes when the flight from Australia lands the lines can take an hour!

Once through immigration, its downstairs to baggage and them customs. Once through customs its out the doors and towards the left you will see the shops and the main terminal building area, the air asia check in counters are here. As a tip do the Web Check In if you can, it will speed up your passage, as they provide less actual check in counters than they do baggage drop counters.

You can then either hang around at the food outlets or head through immigration to go to the departure lounge.

LCCT isn't brilliant but it has a few comforts now, its getting better every time I go through there.

Happy Travels!

Ross...

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LCCT after midnight

Dave tends to exaggerate so it really isn't as bad as he describes them to be.

Butterworth...
Level Contributor
289 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LCCT after midnight

hai,

You ll do ok in LCCT, by the way this is a Low Cost Terminal, I 've been to far worse "non low cost" airports . Use LCCT all the time with a Granny , with babies, with jumping kids, grumpy Grandpa ... and no problem..

LCCT is not that bad and not the worst airport on the planet as Dave put it and .. they got starbucks and Coffee bean ..and Mc Donalds for the kids..cant be that bad..

Florida
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: LCCT after midnight

Accidental Tourist......

Well, it was pretty darn bad when we went through this airport. Maybe we just hit it at a bad time although I have heard a lot of people say that LCCT is a disaster. The time that we arrived it was literally a mob situation. Hundreds of people waiting to process through immigration. Mobs of people directly outside the terminal. Couldn't even get to a SIM Card kiosk they were so jammed up with people. Luckily the money changer was not mobbed. Pushing a full baggage cart through the crowds all the way to where the buses load is not my idea of fun.

Now, in all fairness to this terminal, we were expecting this condition or even worse and were pretty well prepared for it. Does not in the least hold me back from expressing my opinions of how bad I think this terminal is. If some people want to believe that this place is just fine, then have at it. I do think that I should give inexperienced travels or travelers who have not been to LCCT before the benefit of my travels through this place. If they dont wish to heed my advice then, by all means, full speed ahead Captain.