We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petronas Tower Tour Length?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Petronas Tower Tour Length?

Hello

I have had a look around but can't seem to find any inforamation on how long the tour takes? Our hotel is prebooking for us but have asked what time we want to go... I have no idea as I have no idea how much time to allow for it?

Does anyone know how long you should allow/have to allow?

Also what would be the best time of the day?

Thanks in advance

Reet

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

Hi,

Frankly i'm not sure how's the tour length. But technically tourist go to Petronas Twin Tower are mainly for 3 reasons; taking photos, shopping/eating & skybridge.

So if you are just photo taking, it should be around 10 - 15 mins only. The best time to take photos would be around dust (7.30pm with good cameras).

Shopping/eating would be the longest time coz they are approx hundreds of shops in Suria KLCC Megamall. May be 2 - 3 hrs for shopping/eating?

Of course skybridge is a must (although it's not at the top only on level 41/42). Just be sure you'll get the ticket first for this. You also need to take into account of queuing time for the tickets (best time to buy early morning).

Hope this helps a bit.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

About an hour , there is a short presentation. Up to the skybridge for 15 minutes then up to the 86th floor for about 15 minutes.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

You'd need to allocate at least 1 hour for the tour.

My friend and I just did the tour a few days ago. We bought the ticket a day before the tour and chose the 6.15 p.m. ones. We were told to be there at 6 p.m. for security check (backpacks, drinks, food, etc. have to be deposited at a left luggage facility after security check).

The tour started promptly at 6.15 with some briefing before we went up to 41st floor for the skybridge. We were given about 20 minutes there before we had to leave and take another elevator up to 83rd floor and change to another elevator to go up to 86th floor. We were up there for another 20 minutes before we had to go back down to concourse floor into the gift shop where the tour ended at exactly 7 p.m.

On when to do the tour, I suppose anytime that suits your plan is a good time :-) but if I could choose the time, I'd do the tour either in the morning or late afternoon towards sunset time. I personally would not choose to buy a ticket in advance for a tour between 2 & 5 p.m. given the tendency that it usually rains between those hours in KL. The rain could be a heavy downpour that lasts for an hour or two, or it could just be a drizzle that lasts for a few minutes. Either way I'd not risk paying RM80 for the ticket unless if I'm buying it for an on-the-spot tour when I could be more or less certain about the weather for the next hour or so.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,774 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

Hi

about and hour, and the tour does include not only the skybridge but the 86th floor obs deck. Its pretty much kept on track!

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

Can one go only to the Skybridge? If possible what would that involve? No, I'm not afraid of a power failure.

6. Re: Petronas Tower Tour Length?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:15