We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

We would like to stay in a room with a view of the Petronas Tower and close to shopping etc..and found an older post(2009) on the forum.I have been looking at Traders and Hotel Maya. Are there any others? It would be for 2 nights only (stopover).

On our last visit to KL about 5 years ago we stayed too far from the city centre and had to access everything by taxi. This time we would like to be close to most things.

I would be very appreciative of any suggestions and advice.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Yes, those 2 hotels have direct view of Petronas Tower.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

If you look at the FAQ on the right, you would be able to find the below article.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293951-c142160/Mal…

Australia
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

The East Wing of the renaissance also has rooms with a view - think you have to request it though. I have only stayed in the West side 4 times ( which we love). It's very close to the monorail and train so easy to get around and to the main tourist area of bukit bitang.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Traders has the best view of the towers from across the park. It is connected to the Suria KLCC mall by underground tunnel and you can walk to Bukit Bintang where all the other malls are by the elevated pedestrian walkway.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

All 3 hotels : Traders, Maya & Renaissance do have rooms overlooking Petronas Twin Towers. I have to agree with Jadamros, Traders will have the best view coz it's just opposite their hotel.

Just to add other hotels that do have rooms overlooking Petronas Twin Towers are Corus & PNB Darby Park.

The only 'tricky' part is guarantying the rooms that overlook Petronas Twin Towers. Most hotel will those standard clause of 'subject to availability basis only'.

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Thankyou for all you great responses and to Winston99 for pointing out the link- this was written in 2010 but still has some great information. I will probably stay at Trader's for the views and the close proximity of Suria shopping centre. This shopping centre was not there last time we visited KL.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Suria KLCC has been around since 1998. It is located at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers. It would have certainly been there if you visited KL 5 years ago.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,245 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

Crikey you have not visited KL for some time then . . . .

Traders has the best views. Currently NO other hotel has views to match. although many hotels have some part views!

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

It was Feb 2005 when we were last in KL-7 years ago. Suria must have been there at that time. I only remember trying to go up the Petronas Tower but they had already had their quota for the day. We stayed away from the city centre so probably went to other shopping centres that were closer.This time want to stay in the city centre. Once again thanks for you help.

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
728 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with view of Petronas Tower reccommendations needed.

We had a fabulous view of both towers from our room at The Westin , you need to request it .