We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Hi I will be arriving at 6am in KL and won't be able to check in until 2pm. 2 adults and 2 kids any suggestions what we can do to fill in the time? Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Hi ab

It depends where your Hotel is. Even if you cant check in you should not have any problem leaving your luggage there with the Hotel and going for Lunch or some shopping until 2 pm. Some Hotels are even happy for you to use the pool and facilities , just not the room. If you are located in Bukit Bintang or close to Suria KLCC , easy many hours of shopping or even a massage. Have a great trip.

Sean

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

G'day ab672431, as advised by @ Seanjotadhg, still proceed to hotel, register yourself (maybe in luck, you could be given your room), otherwise, after registration, leave luggage with concierge, and if you wish have a breakie at the hotel or it surrounding areas -- your first teh tarik and roti canai or nasi lemak

or go and get the tickets for Petronas Twin Towers, walk around KLCC park, or Lake Gardens/ bird park/ orchid garden.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Thanks for the tips thats great!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,150 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Hi

So agree. sorry I am late, but different time zone!

Head to your hotel, and you might even get lucky and they may have a room. But they will let you store your bags and if you ask, use their spa facilities for a shower.

As you don't say what hotel it is hard to be specific, but you could then head to KLCC Park and play in the park / pool, wander around the malls, find some brekki.

Lots to do, but depends on where you are staying.

Kuala Lumpur...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Hi,

You might want to go to KL Bird Park to take a stroll or even to Batu Caves before you check in your hotel.

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

If it was me, I would drop luggage off at hotel and you might just be lucky enough to be able to check in.

Assuming you are staying Bukit Bintang area, I would take the kids to McDonalds for breakfast. Pretty sure it opens at 7am.

Mc Dondals breakfast are different to what we get here in Australia. You can order seperately, or you can order a family package, which just about includes everything.

From here walk to the Pavilion via the walkway from the back of the Pavilion to Suria (Twin Towers area). Not sure age of your kids, but the park behind the Twin Towers, has a playground, some splash pools, fountain and some beautiful gardens. The aquarium is located in the convention centre, just nearby.

If you are in the Suria area, Dome does a good breakfast. We quite often go to Dome for breakfast. But google for times, as they dont open as early as they used to, as we found out on our last trip.

By the time you have done this, it will be well after your checkin time.

I also like the idea of going to the bird park, as the birds are more active before it gets too hot. In fact the Lake Gardens has a lot of different things for you to do. There is also a deer park & butterfly park. You can hire segways and tour around the gardens and lake.

Let us know which plan you go with and we can give you more specific answers.

Cheers. Danuta.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

Hi Danuta grat advice!

Kids are 9 so will the park do the trick?

Dome also sounds like a good option I will look it up. Breakfast will be needed for sure after an air Asia flight :)

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

There are 2 Domes. The one at the Pavilion is the one that we found didnt open at 8 / 8.30am on our last trip. Its in the breezeway, but its on the 1st floor.

The Dome at Suria, is on the ground floor near the steps at the back of the complex (garden & fountain side), and I think this might open early as its more accessible.

9. Re: What to do when arrive in KL too early to check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:15