We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-stitched sarees in KL - help please

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
pre-stitched sarees in KL - help please

Coming to KL for a (Indian) wedding in March this year and will be expected to wear a saree. Problem is I haven't worn a saree for over 20 years and no idea how to 'tie' one anymore (sad, but true!). Heard about these amazing things called pre-stitched sarees which may be my solution.. Does anyone know where I can get these from or recommend a good tailor in KL that does these? I'm arriving approx 4 days before the wedding, staying at the Park Royal, which is hopefully is not too far to access the tailor / shop. Any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated!! Anita

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-stitched sarees in KL - help please

I just take the liberty to suggest since no response.

Can try your luck going to Brickfields. that is our KL - little India.

Perhaps, you may find what you want.

Good luck !

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-stitched sarees in KL - help please

Hi Anita

I can't find the card of the place I go to however . . . When you come up the escalator at Masjid Jamek station exit and turn left. One side of the street has temporary type stalls wich are more lively at night than during the day. On the other side [ left] side there are two or more storey buildings. On that side, walk down the road and you will come to a sari shop just around a slight bend in the road. The man there is very helpful so he may be able to give you information about stitching one.

My sympathies about the problem with dressing - my problem nowadays too. If I find the card I will post again.

Archi

3. Re: pre-stitched sarees in KL - help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:17