We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

Just wondering for the best prices where should we purchase international brand name cosmetics (Loreal, Revlon....) while in Kuala Lumpur. thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,633 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

I have discovered that in the main genuine brand name cosmetics don't vary very much from place to place. Occasionally you might come across a special deal, giveaway or that sort of thing but shoppig retail either in the cities or duty free places, there is very little advantage.

Some time ago I discovered a web site which is a great deal cheaper consistently. I'm keeping it a secret but if you want to send me a PM I'll give you the name and you can have a look and compare.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

Phiota

I see that you are from the USA. I don't think you will find anywhere cheaper in KL.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

On par with UK prices would be Isetan, the large department store at KLCC.

I found Clinique and Revlon far cheaper in US ( New York)

Edited: 17 February 2013, 15:55
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

My dearly beloved tells me that LA and New York are still THE places for make up purchases.

Having said that, she did recently buy plenty in KL, both in town at the larger Malls and at the Airport Duty Free stores.

Good luck!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

Loreal, Revlon (high street cosmetics) are available at pharmacies .... Guardian, Caring. These stores sometimes have sales and will offer a 10% discount.

6. Re: Best Place for Name Brand Cosmetics?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 07:15