We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silk Shops

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Silk Shops

My wife is keen to purchase some nice quality asian silk scarves etc. Does anybody have any suggestions of shops in KL that might be suitable?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silk Shops

I have bought these items at Central Markets and Little India.

Not sure of the quality of the silk, but they were nice.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Silk Shops

Like the above post mentioned Central Markets and Little India will be the place to get some nice ones but the Quality would probably be not the level you are looking for.

You can also try asking your hotel where to get some.

CHeers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silk Shops

I do remember buying some silk scarves hand painted from Langkawi, in a shop in Berjaya Times square. I cant remember what level (all I know is that it wasnt ground level, could have been the level where the market/stalls are).

It was a souvenir shop and I think it may have been a chinese lady who owned it.

Prices were fixed and marked.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silk Shops

Thank you very much to all who replied. We did ask our tour driver yesterday and he recommended the Craft Complex. We willtry allof your recommendations as well. Thanks again.

5. Re: Silk Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:15